Incredible or Droid X

TheItalianOne

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So I have a dilemma here guys and I need your input. I have a option to pickup a droid X or incredible tomorrow from my local verizon store. I am so undecided on which to choose from as I have tried both phones and like them both. The only thing that is making me lean toward the droid x is the screen size. Uggg any input would help. Thanks Guys!!

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
If you need a phone with that kind of screen size, go for it. Honestly, I have an iPad to use for web browsing needs.

It all depends on what you use the phone (primarily) for. Calling? Texting? Music? Videos? Web browsing? I'd say the Incredible is best for calling, music, and possibly texting (because the HTC keyboard continues to be better than vanilla Android, and the other competition). The X has a huge screen; it'll be great for videos and web browsing.

However, realize that the Incredible will have a higher pixel density than the X, meaning it should technically look better (along with AMOLED; read up on the Incredible AMOLED dilemma). Also, the Incredible is slated to get Froyo at the end of this month (confirmed by Verizon on Twitter).

And a huge thing is Sense UI. Do you like it? Do you love it? Do you hate it? Play with the phones before you buy it; see which one you like best. Both are very similar as far as under-the-hood tech specs, the difference is the screen.

I'm probably a little biased for the Incredible, though. But good luck!

NakkiNyan

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I am a bit bias as well but I have a Droid X and want to dump it. You have to play with them for more than the normal 15 seconds to see if you like the feel. For me it is largely the buttons but you have to get a feel for the UI as well.

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
You'll be happy with either one. My gf has an Incredible and it's a great phone. Snappier than the X for sure.

allisonv7

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I went with the Incredible because 80% of the time I'm using my phone for calling/texting. I'm not on the internet on it that much and thought the larger size would be more cumbersome than it's worth.

anon(28010)

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I like the feel of the dinc over the X. I use mine without a case or protector and the back grips very good. The size is perfect, it slides into my front pocket nicely. The X is just a little too big for me. Aesthetically, I prefer the smooth front of the dinc vs the physical buttons on the X.

I didn't have a lot of time to play with the X, but I am fully enamored with HTC Sense, I don't think Sense gets enough respect.

I would be happy with either phone, but I prefer the dinc.

draken

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It really comes down to Bigger Screen or SenseUI. I personally think Sense looks better than the UI on the Droid X, so I"m quite happy with my Incredible. Plus, with pinch-zoom, you can scale up or down many apps to get a text size you are happy with. Also consider how you plan on carrying you phone. The X may not fit into some shirt pockets and may be uncomfortable in some pant pockets due to its size.

mndude

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a Dx and will probably trade it in, when the DIncs are more available. I love my X but the size of the thing is what makes me want to switch. I have a couple more weeks to decide but I think I've made up my mind.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I like the "HTC sense" over what the DX has ,and better size too but more of liking "htc sense" better.

hakoreh

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Also, the Incredible is slated to get Froyo at the end of this month (confirmed by Verizon on Twitter).

It wasn't confirmed by Verizon. The account that confirmed is not officially affiliated with Verizon Wireless. Allegedly it is a Verizon tech rep. So there is no official word of anything.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
They're most obviously both great phones.
But, the Incred. fits so nicely in my hand... and the X seems like a mini-tablet.

So, for me, the DInc. fits my needs as far as texting, e-mail, and making calls and having the size look normal by my ear! I love the phone.
My friend saw it for the first time this past weekend. She saw everything it was doing, and said it is "simply amazing!".

Good luck to you!