What is bump Charging/ Seido 3500

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
What is the actually steps for bump charging and is it necessary with the seido 3500 battery?

From this thread: http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/18559-new-incredible-battery-life-sticky-please-contribute.html

Someone should probaly explain bump charging in detail, but here's how to do it.

Charge your Incredible to max (green light).

Unplug the phone and then turn it off.

Plug it back in (should have an orange light now) and charge it to max again.

Unplug the phone and turn it on. Wait for it to boot up.

Turn the phone off and then plug it back in (should be an orange light again).

Charge it to full (green light) again.

Repeat this process until the light is green immediately upon plugging it back in.
Personally, I only bump charge once. I charge the phone overnight while powered on, as soon as I wake up I unplug it, power it off, then plug it back in until the light turns green again... power it on and I'm good to go

It is definitely recommended with the stock battery and anything up to the 1750mAh extended... depends on if you need it for the 3500. Some people on here do and some don't bump charge the 3500.

Last edited:
Reactions: rosser

mr.s4ndm4n

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I really hope you do not need to use the 'bump' charging method with the 3500mah battery!?!

That method, from what i've read, was/is used to help those who use the stock 1300mah battery get through a full day of use.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I really hope you do not need to use the 'bump' charging method with the 3500mah battery!?!

That method, from what i've read, was/is used to help those who use the stock 1300mah battery get through a full day of use.

Yeah I don't think anyone (YET) on here has reported that the 3500 didn't last them a full day, regardless of usage. I wouldn't think tha bump charging would be necessary with that beast of a battery :)

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to bump charge the 3500...

All bump charging does is top off a battery, or slightly fill it beyond 100%, in the same way as filling up your gas tank in the car. Once the pump shuts off, it's full... But you overfill it slightly to get the dollar amount even...

ptb127

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
You don't need to bump charge the 3500...

All bump charging does is top off a battery, or slightly fill it beyond 100%, in the same way as filling up your gas tank in the car. Once the pump shuts off, it's full... But you overfill it slightly to get the dollar amount even...

OT - I always pump it until it's coming out the tank..I know it's not good but i despise going to the gas pump lol