WIFI issues?

Eugd

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a DI, and for some reason I can't connect to any open hot spots or even my home network. I turn on airplane mode to turn off my phone INTERNET. turn on my wifi on the phone, and the DI recognizes my home network, I put in the password, and on the status section right under WIFI in the setting section it states disconnected? I have the same when I try to connect to a open network. if Airplane mode it turned off I can't tell if my WIFI works or not. When I got the phone the WIFI worked. I tried third party programs to find a WIFI signal and network and the same result. I never rooted the phone so everything is still stock. Thanks for all of your anticipated help...

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Also, check for "junk" connections in your WiFi list. Delete the hotel and Starbucks, panara bread connections. That will help.

Eugd

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I will try to just use the wifi, but I don't see another icon except for the 3G or X1. Would it be when I turn airplane mode on, I turn on then enable the WIFI to make sure that I am isolating just the WIFI.just like I would be in a airplane, when you are aboard you can surf the web using the airplanes wifi?

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I will try to just use the wifi, but I don't see another icon except for the 3G or X1. Would it be when I turn airplane mode on, I turn on then enable the WIFI to make sure that I am isolating just the WIFI.just like I would be in a airplane, when you are aboard you can surf the web using the airplanes wifi?

You apparently do not understand what airplane mode is. Airplane mode turns off all radios, Including WiFi, so that you can use your device during a flight without conflict. To use WiFi, just enable it and when you connect to an available connection WiFi will kickin and be the default connection instead of 3G.

Eugd

May 1, 2010
Visit site
still having the same problem. still can't connect. I called Verizon and the tec told me to do a hard reset since I am not having any Icon or Error messages. Anyone else have a suggestion or should I just wipe it and start fresh?

sonar_chris

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
You must turn off Airplane mode for wifi to work.

Airplane mode turns everything off. If you see the wi-go icon in regular mode... you are connected.

You apparently do not understand what airplane mode is. Airplane mode turns off all radios, Including WiFi, so that you can use your device during a flight without conflict. To use WiFi, just enable it and when you connect to an available connection WiFi will kickin and be the default connection instead of 3G.

This is not true at all. When you turn on airplane mode, yes all radios turn off. But you can turn on WiFi with airplane mode on and only have a data connection. I've done it and have had the airplane icon in my status bar with WiFi connected. How else are us supposed to use WiFi on a plane without having your cell radio active?

valhallasky

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My question is have you ever been able to connect to a WiFi network? If so, is it only certain networks you are having trouble accessing? If so, it could be that the channel is congested and you need to set the router to broadcast on a less saturated channel. For some odd reason, the WiFi antennas on our phones aren't as good at filtering the channel noise as their laptop brethren.

However, if you're having trouble connecting to ANY WiFi signal, then it's hardware related and you need a new phone.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I stand corrected! I did not think I could use wifi when in Airplane mode. I just did it so I was wrong. Sorry for the erroneous info. Guess I need schooled on this stuff some more! LOL

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
This is true I just started to use flight mode today and I am connected by wifi. I came across this thread doing a search. What I am trying to find out that if in airplane mode will my phone still transfer calls to my voice mail?
Forgot to mention I have a captivate

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
This is true I just started to use flight mode today and I am connected by wifi. I came across this thread doing a search. What I am trying to find out that if in airplane mode will my phone still transfer calls to my voice mail?
Forgot to mention I have a captivate

It should. The VM is handled on the Carrier side. If there is no answer for any reason, the call should route to VM.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Ur right I had 2 messages waiting plus my emails keep coming. I also have better wifi reception which surprised me. My battery is also lasting longer.:)

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I had wifi issues with my phone. I updated my Linksys router's firmware and everything fixed itself. You might want to see if there's a firmware update for your modem and/or router.