1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Default shoulda stayed in bed

Woke up today, first day back to work from vacation. hugged one of my associates, she must have hit my phone case on accident. it opened up, my droid landed back down, face up.....screen shattered.....went to verizon. it was their brand case that i had my phone in that opened up. they can't prove nor disprove that it was just the case opening and not me stepping on it or something like that. i have to pay a $90 deductible, that i barely have the money for, and wait for next day shipping from the insurer. o wait, they are on back order their too....i shoulda stayed in bed. stayed on vacation. called in sick... overslept....blah. it's just started out as one of those days and has kept on truckin in that direction since then.

Man! Hope it gets better for you!

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Aw man that sucks.

I guess at least you did have insurance, if you can take anything away from this situation.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Sorry for your troubles.
    Cheers!
    Thanked by:

That really bites... Hang in there! Your scenario is exactly why I picked up a cheep nylon case I found at a kiosk that includes a lanyard and hang mine around my neck. Oh yah, it looks pretty dorky but what with my working in construction it has turned out to be about the safest place to put it. And unless I'm doing jumping jacks or hanging upside down having it hang from my neck doesn't bother me.

Wish you the best o luck on your replacement!

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by typhoone View Post
    Woke up today, first day back to work from vacation. hugged one of my associates, she must have hit my phone case on accident. it opened up, my droid landed back down, face up.....screen shattered.....went to verizon. it was their brand case that i had my phone in that opened up. they can't prove nor disprove that it was just the case opening and not me stepping on it or something like that. i have to pay a $90 deductible, that i barely have the money for, and wait for next day shipping from the insurer. o wait, they are on back order their too....i shoulda stayed in bed. stayed on vacation. called in sick... overslept....blah. it's just started out as one of those days and has kept on truckin in that direction since then.
    So much for gorrila glass. Glad they didn't use regular glass, or it might have broke before it hit the floor. Sorry dude.

Global Posts
    6,673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

That sounds like my kinda luck somedays , I might have the same kinda case you did too, the shell holster/combo case, if so I have noticed it does slide out easy .I am going to get a better one when I find one and have the money to purchase one with , Hopefully you get your replacement phone in soon tho .

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Sorry to hear about the broken DInc, but, is she hot?

That must have been some kind of hug!

completely your fault. first rule of the modern workplace: no physical contact with coworkers. you're lucky you don't get a sexual harrassment suit as well for your trouble
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

twitter.com/indianajonze

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

If the increase in overall size doesn't bother you, get an Then hug all you want.

There is no guarantee it wouldn't happen with a Otterbox case on it but, I feel they are they best case for impact protection currently on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
    completely your fault. first rule of the modern workplace: no physical contact with coworkers. you're lucky you don't get a sexual harrassment suit as well for your trouble
    This! Why are you even having physical contact with coworkers in the first place? Let this be an expensive lesson for you, separate work and pleasure.

F-that. Humans are made to interact physically, even in the "modern workplace." Hug away my man, hug away....just be careful with the phone.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

haha, trust me, already on the mailing list for the otterbox. they traded out cases for me for free, thank god something went right today. and with the hugging of the associate, their family has been like my own cause i moved to a new town and half the family worked there. she's like a mother to me, and has the age to boot. lol.

Global Posts
    838 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Underworld54 View Post
    This! Why are you even having physical contact with coworkers in the first place? Let this be an expensive lesson for you, separate work and pleasure.
    2 People I am very happy I don't work with :rolleyes:

Sorry to see that all happen, especially coming back from vacation. Few questions if you don't mind as I just cracked the top of my own screen

Did Verizon say they were sending you a new one, or Refurb?

How long did they say you had to wait?

Did you have the Case Holster Combo too?

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redemption ROM

Well, that sucks. Big time.

What case did you have originally?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

getting a new one since its so new they don't have any refurbs. its getting sent from ensuron, their insurance company. no, i had the case they had when the phone first came out, was a rather weak looking case that had 2 parts, a front and back that attached to a clip for the belt. was 29.99. idk what the actual name of it was though.

and idk the wait time, they are backordered even through the insurance company, but they made it sound like they would have some in a day or 2.

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redemption ROM

getting a new one since its so new they don't have any refurbs. its getting sent from ensuron, their insurance company. no, i had the case they had when the phone first came out, was a rather weak looking case that had 2 parts, a front and back that attached to a clip for the belt. was 29.99. idk what the actual name of it was though.

and idk the wait time, they are backordered even through the insurance company, but they made it sound like they would have some in a day or 2.
    I had that for a while. Replaced with a seidio innocase

Quote Originally Posted by Underworld54 View Post
    and I'm pretty sure these two replies are meant to be sarcastic