Made a mistake- Conecting to Computer

mn_bruin

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
So I made the stupid mistake of plugging in my Inc before putting the cd and the drivers on my pc. IVe been fumbling with it for a while now. I cannot make the Verizon manager see my phone. Am i outta luck?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you download the VZ Manager for the DInc specifically or a generic one? I know they come packaged with different drivers.

Also, and I know this requires another dreaded re-install, but after uninstalling the VZM App, look in device manager and see if the phone is listed under modems or network adaptors. If it is delete it. Then try again, connecting the phone when prompted.

Just to be safe, after uninstalling and deleting the device from device manager a reboot would not hurt before re-installing.

Let us know how it works!

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
i have no idea what you are all talking about lol. i dont remember my inc coming with a CD. i just plugged my phone to the comp.. and selected one of the options to "mount as a disk drive" on the phone when the menu popped up when plugged into the computer.. and voila.. i could see my SD and phone's storage. i guess im just lost lol

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i have no idea what you are all talking about lol. i dont remember my inc coming with a CD. i just plugged my phone to the comp.. and selected one of the options to "mount as a disk drive" on the phone when the menu popped up when plugged into the computer.. and voila.. i could see my SD and phone's storage. i guess im just lost lol

That's it exactly.

That loads up HTC Sync. I don't know anything about Verizon Manager.

IIRC, that came with my Moto.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

He's trying to use the phone as a data modem using the Verizon Access Manager software. the Access manager software is not recognizing the device.

This happens from time to time if you change devices on Access Manager or have the device already plugged in when it installs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma