1. tliu42's Avatar
    I used to regularly clean/disinfect my old phone with Clorox or Lysol wipes. However, the phone wasn't a touch screen. Would doing this with the Incredible damage the screen in any way? If so, how about with a screen protector (such as the Steinheil CC) on?
    07-29-2010 09:56 AM
  2. rpfarrah's Avatar
    Two words: I wouldn't.
    07-29-2010 10:00 AM
  3. PvilleComp's Avatar
    No amonia or bleach based products should be used. The amonia/bleach can actually damage the finish on the screen. (This is true for LCD monitors too.) Best to use an eyeglasses cleaner or just a slightly damp cloth or papertowel.
    07-29-2010 10:03 AM
  4. Cory Streater's Avatar
    I agree with the above suggestions. In addition, I think iKlear products work fantastic. A bottle of iKlear will last me almost a year before I have to buy a new one. The travel singles are also great.
    07-29-2010 10:17 AM
  5. douger's Avatar
    No amonia or bleach based products should be used. The amonia/bleach can actually damage the finish on the screen. (This is true for LCD monitors too.) Best to use an eyeglasses cleaner or just a slightly damp cloth or papertowel.
    Or a tee shirt...

    I don't lend my phone out much. I'm not worried about cooties...
    07-29-2010 10:17 AM
  6. PEDroid's Avatar
    I use them all the time on bare phone...never had a problem...just squeeze out as much of the juice as you can before you wipe down your phone and use a clean dry cloth to wipe it down immediately after.
    07-29-2010 01:20 PM
  7. CSI Guy's Avatar
    Breath and "T" shirt
    07-29-2010 02:46 PM
  8. fillossofer's Avatar
    I buy a box of alcohol swabs (the kind used to clean cuts and scrapes) and use those to clean my phone. Alcohol dries almost immediately and is great for cleaning greasy fingerprints and stuff off my phone. You can keep a few in the car, desk drawer, etc.
    07-29-2010 03:16 PM
  9. SuzisZoo#AC's Avatar
    I have an electronics spray that came with my LCD TV...that works really well on touch-screen phones and won't damage the screen.
    08-02-2010 03:57 PM
  10. mclarryjr's Avatar
    I boil mine in 151 Rum for minutes each night to kill all the bacteria.
    08-02-2010 04:31 PM
  11. Hosehead's Avatar
    I boil mine in 151 Rum for minutes each night to kill all the bacteria.
    Wow...I use the same technique with my liver...
    08-02-2010 04:38 PM
  12. TheExtraLongshoreman's Avatar
    Just soak it in Purell overnight, it works. Saw it on Lifehacker.
    08-02-2010 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD