Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lysol/Clorox wipes bad for phone?

I used to regularly clean/disinfect my old phone with Clorox or Lysol wipes. However, the phone wasn't a touch screen. Would doing this with the Incredible damage the screen in any way? If so, how about with a screen protector (such as the Steinheil CC) on?

Two words: I wouldn't.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

No amonia or bleach based products should be used. The amonia/bleach can actually damage the finish on the screen. (This is true for LCD monitors too.) Best to use an eyeglasses cleaner or just a slightly damp cloth or papertowel.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I agree with the above suggestions. In addition, I think iKlear products work fantastic. A bottle of iKlear will last me almost a year before I have to buy a new one. The travel singles are also great.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PvilleComp View Post
    No amonia or bleach based products should be used. The amonia/bleach can actually damage the finish on the screen. (This is true for LCD monitors too.) Best to use an eyeglasses cleaner or just a slightly damp cloth or papertowel.
    Or a tee shirt...

I don't lend my phone out much. I'm not worried about cooties...

I use them all the time on bare phone...never had a problem...just squeeze out as much of the juice as you can before you wipe down your phone and use a clean dry cloth to wipe it down immediately after.

Breath and "T" shirt

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

I buy a box of alcohol swabs (the kind used to clean cuts and scrapes) and use those to clean my phone. Alcohol dries almost immediately and is great for cleaning greasy fingerprints and stuff off my phone. You can keep a few in the car, desk drawer, etc.

I have an electronics spray that came with my LCD TV...that works really well on touch-screen phones and won't damage the screen.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I boil mine in 151 Rum for minutes each night to kill all the bacteria.

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 25/Imoseyon lean 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    I boil mine in 151 Rum for minutes each night to kill all the bacteria.
    Wow...I use the same technique with my liver...

Just soak it in Purell overnight, it works. Saw it on Lifehacker.