HTC Mail Application vs Gmail App push questions

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I really like the layout on the HTC Mail Application better than the Gmail app. First of all, work emails combine in the Gmail application and I cannot seem to separate them. So if I receive 3 emails in a short time in Gmail I may not catch one of them.

The HTC Mail app separates each email, and I like the look and feel of it more, it actually has a feel of Blackberry mail.

The Gmail app pushes email instantly...heck it pushes it quicker than Blackberry.

The HTC App only gives me the option of 5 minutes to once a day for sending. So I ended up setting it up like Exchange with Gmail as I was told it would create push email like the Gmail app.

It pushed immediately for the first hour or so and then I noticed it wasn't receiving emails yet the Gmail app had 5 unread emails sitting there.

So the ultimate question is how can I get the HTC Email application to push like the Gmail app?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just use my popserver mail (it pushes too),lol not sure if thats the same as what your are speaking of ? :confused: It's the same setup as was for berry was , but have the gmail as well .

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I just use my popserver mail (it pushes too),lol not sure if thats the same as what your are speaking of ? :confused: It's the same setup as was for berry was , but have the gmail as well .

In the HTC Mail App?

I am done with the HTC app, so much potential, but too buggy :( Sent myself emails, now the messages show up fast, but it dosen't notify me that the mail arrived. I marked it to notify me through the icon, vibrate, and sound, but the only way I would know I had a message is if I went into the app.