Funny Thing Happened at the Verizon Store...

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine has the X he didnt want to wait for an inc. I have used it a fair bit and I much perfer my INC. I like sense and just dont dig blur.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The X and the EVO both felt way to huge for me. I much prefer the Inc over them just based on size alone, not to mention anything else.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Strange, Verizon store in CO I visted a week ago had the opposite scenario. People jumping from HTC to the X.

NOTE: I'm neutral still trying to figure out what to get when I upgrade from a Tour.

It will be one of three; HTC, Droid X or the Samsun model (which I have not personally seen).

the1sen

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This story is encouraging, and also, corroborates my initial "personal experience" with the X vs the DInc.

Both are worlds better than the sh?t-Storm I am coming from. When I went to the Verizon store to play with the X, I was pretty certain I would want an X on the spot after reading about it. I was really lucky because they had a DInc next to it. For reasons unbeknown to me, the DInc seemed snappier, way more responsive, and flat out faster than the X they had there. I was shocked at the difference and even asked the Verizon store person to tell me if I was doing something wrong with the X... He pulled his out and handed it to me. It wasn't me.

The X was physically a very nice phone, something I could easily live with on the hardware side. Size, build, buttons, finish, all were top notch... but on the interface side, it was choppy, slow to open anything, and would not register taps and touches which immediately sent up ginormous flares for me to avoid using it, just like my sh?t-Storm.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I am keeping my expectations very low for the DInc which should arrive tomorrow, and hoping only that with the extended 2150 battery I purchased, I will be able to get through and not avoid using it because of how difficult and flat out crappy the whole experience is.

I really wanted an X, but the choppy, slow, unresponsive experience is reserved for Blackberry?.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
This story is encouraging, and also, corroborates my initial "personal experience" with the X vs the DInc.

Both are worlds better than the sh?t-Storm I am coming from. When I went to the Verizon store to play with the X, I was pretty certain I would want an X on the spot after reading about it. I was really lucky because they had a DInc next to it. For reasons unbeknown to me, the DInc seemed snappier, way more responsive, and flat out faster than the X they had there. I was shocked at the difference and even asked the Verizon store person to tell me if I was doing something wrong with the X... He pulled his out and handed it to me. It wasn't me.

The X was physically a very nice phone, something I could easily live with on the hardware side. Size, build, buttons, finish, all were top notch... but on the interface side, it was choppy, slow to open anything, and would not register taps and touches which immediately sent up ginormous flares for me to avoid using it, just like my sh?t-Storm.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I am keeping my expectations very low for the DInc which should arrive tomorrow, and hoping only that with the extended 2150 battery I purchased, I will be able to get through and not avoid using it because of how difficult and flat out crappy the whole experience is.

I really wanted an X, but the choppy, slow, unresponsive experience is reserved for Blackberry?.

Oh...that damn Storm! I couldn't enjoy a thing on that phone. Going on the web was painful. I kind of like the push in screen, but that's nothing I miss.
Believe me, after the ****-storm experience, you'll love the Incredible!... I hope. To me it's the perfect size and it really is snappy! The thing moves!
Good luck!!!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My DX and D-inc. are about the same speed wise they both are quick.I just tested side by side going to different websites to close to call , lol . But the main thing I found different in the 2 so far is the hard keys the DX has instead of the touch keys, of course its bigger and then just the software. The D-Inc. is easier to carry for an all purpose type phone(which it is) though and I like HTC Sense thats why I kept it to.I had the D-Inc longer(a month) and consider it my main phone but the DX(had 5 days) performs great to at least mine does. :)

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I was in the Verizon store yesterday when I customer was talking to a sales associate. The salesperson asked what the primary use of the phone would be and the customer said to make calls and receive emails. Salesperson say " Oh okay then you will want a blackberry". REALLY.........

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
In a semi-related story, my brother upgraded from a 3GS to iPhone 4. We talked some trash back and forth, but I've been trying to realize that the simple iPhone interface may be better for some people. I personally could not live without widgets. The iPhone may be a better app platform (Android is no slouch and will continue to catch up), but I think Android is a better overall experience. We were sitting down yesterday and he grabbed my Incredible and started flicking through the home screens. I then demonstrated the aSpiritBomb live wallpaper that I had running. It wasn't just the live wallpaper, but the whole experience that got to him and he said "I think I like your phone better than mine." +1 for Android. I had tried to talk him into Android before iPhone 4 came out. I also tried to talk him into a 1 year contract in case he ever wanted to switch. He replied that he liked the iPhone and why would he want to switch. I replied that it was just a suggestion so he could keep his options open.

I know this isn't exactly what this thread is about, but I wanted to share the story and creating a whole new thread seemed like overkill.

Last edited:

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was in the Verizon store yesterday when I customer was talking to a sales associate. The salesperson asked what the primary use of the phone would be and the customer said to make calls and receive emails. Salesperson say " Oh okay then you will want a blackberry". REALLY.........

Same happend to me before I got my dinc. Salesperson actually told me that Android phones was more of a toy and I'd be better off getting the storm 2. Now, I already had the storm 1 so I was like, you got to be ****tin me.

the1sen

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Same happend to me before I got my dinc. Salesperson actually told me that Android phones was more of a toy and I'd be better off getting the storm 2. Now, I already had the storm 1 so I was like, you got to be ****tin me.

If you want, I can send you my blended sh?t-Storm2 as a former RIM customer testimonial to bring to the douche who tried to lie to you like that.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Just to play devils advocate, there are currently 1,015 reviews on Verizon's website for the Droid X, and the average rating Is 4.5 stars.

I personally think both phones are awesome and I had a hard time deciding which to keep.

The decision was easy for me.. while AMOLED is amazing and everything, but Siedo nailed the coffin with them saying they are not making a dock, and I doubt HTC would make one.

with no accessories, desktop dock or usable car dock much the way the Motorola devices are, I kept the Droid X.

got my desktop dock and the thing is beautiful..

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt be surprized though if someone doesn't start making accessories for the incredible more available , if the demands there for the accessories. I can't see some company not stepping up to the plate to make them . :)

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I wouldnt be surprized though if someone doesn't start making accessories for the incredible more available , if the demands there for the accessories. I can't see some company not stepping up to the plate to make them . :)

I agree but have a feeling and may take a little longer still :(

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Dropped by my Verizon Store this afternoon to have the resident screen protector "put it oner" change my protector which has been on since release day and had more than its share of scratches. While waiting my turn I watched 3 unrelated customers return Droid X's and exchange for Incs. I listened as each one told the reps that the phone was too big, wouldn't fit in their pocket or was just too hard to hold. These were your normal, non power user, just want i phone I don't have to lift weights to carry kinda guys. Two males and a female. What really surprised me was that they were willing to wait 5-7 days for Verizon to send them the exchange. After the third one finished it was my turn. I asked the rep if that was unusual, three exchanges in less than half an hour. He said they take back five or six Droid X's a day and they are always exchanged for Incs. He also said he personally was writing seven new Inc orders a day and people don't complain about not getting it right away "because they heard it is better than the iPhone".

All of this is anecdotal. I just thought it was pretty interesting to hear what was happening in the "real world" or at least this small segment of it. Oh, and I forgot how really great my Inc screen is after three months of residue build up that just won't wipe clean after a while.

Guess that's no shocker, the hype behind the X was huge but the real world performance delivery and build quality was extremely lacking IMHO

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
The decision was easy for me.. while AMOLED is amazing and everything, but Siedo nailed the coffin with them saying they are not making a dock, and I doubt HTC would make one.

with no accessories, desktop dock or usable car dock much the way the Motorola devices are, I kept the Droid X.

got my desktop dock and the thing is beautiful..

Check the store on this site, they have a dock for the Dinc.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Check the store on this site, they have a dock for the Dinc.

Well, to be honest, the Motorola dock completely blows it out of the water.

The Moto dock is in landscape, auto launches a customizable clock app, and gives you the feel that your phone is an alarm when it's in there.

besides..the Droid X desktop dock has HDMI out.. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2