Funny Thing Happened at the Verizon Store...

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Dropped by my Verizon Store this afternoon to have the resident screen protector "put it oner" change my protector which has been on since release day and had more than its share of scratches. While waiting my turn I watched 3 unrelated customers return Droid X's and exchange for Incs. I listened as each one told the reps that the phone was too big, wouldn't fit in their pocket or was just too hard to hold. These were your normal, non power user, just want i phone I don't have to lift weights to carry kinda guys. Two males and a female. What really surprised me was that they were willing to wait 5-7 days for Verizon to send them the exchange. After the third one finished it was my turn. I asked the rep if that was unusual, three exchanges in less than half an hour. He said they take back five or six Droid X's a day and they are always exchanged for Incs. He also said he personally was writing seven new Inc orders a day and people don't complain about not getting it right away "because they heard it is better than the iPhone".

All of this is anecdotal. I just thought it was pretty interesting to hear what was happening in the "real world" or at least this small segment of it. Oh, and I forgot how really great my Inc screen is after three months of residue build up that just won't wipe clean after a while.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I am sending my DX back to and switching back to my Dinc. The DX is a good phone but something about the DX just doesn't do it for me. While the screen is large it just isn't as good as my Dinc. I like the sense better too.

UHF3

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Interesting story. I personally think the Dx is way too big.

And I didn't know Droid Xs were male and female. I guess when the have babies they're lowercase xs,

dude0909

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Interesting story. I personally think the Dx is way too big.

And I didn't know Droid Xs were male and female. I guess when the have babies they're lowercase xs,

Well obviously he made a typo, there was one Droid Xx and two Droid Yx's.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
LoL , I would not send my Incredible back to get the DX ,The DX isn't as big as I thought it would be , however I like the features the Incredible has plus the amoled screen.After the update it will have the wifi hotspot and 720 recording. I get a good signal with the incredible now at first it was a little weaker of signal but now its the same as my other phones where/are. I do have the DX and its a great phone to ,I just have not had it as long as the incredible.To me tho the incredible is the perfect size when out and around town and can be clipped inside or outside of a pocket.The DX is kinda bigg to be inside of my jeans pocket and I dont wear tight jeans or really baggy jeans I wear normal fitting jeans , LoL .The DX fits in my big cargo side pocket just fine.there is nothing wrong with the DX its just bigger (not really overly big) I wouldnt get rid of it now either ,had the option to upgrade another phone with the DX and I did and no regrets on doing that.I got the best of both Now :p a perfect phone to casullly carry(D-INC) and a bigger phone when I want the bigger screen to watch stuff(DX) , lol :)

Last edited:

coolkatz321

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've got an upgrade coming in January, since one of my parents was nice enough to let me use their's back in May. I love my Incredible, but I'm guessing that HTC's faster version of the Evo will be out on Verizon by then!

Also, am I the only person who's somewhat intrigued by the Windows 7 mobile OS? I know this is an Android forum, but I think I'm definitely going to have to check it out once those phones hit the retail market!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just to play devils advocate, there are currently 1,015 reviews on Verizon's website for the Droid X, and the average rating Is 4.5 stars.

I personally think both phones are awesome and I had a hard time deciding which to keep.

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
x2 on that Cory. If having both were an option me thinks it would be nice to have that big screen and a few of the other features of the Droid X.

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
So what is going to happen when the Samsung Fascinate comes out??? Will people jump to that? Dunno if I should wait for that....or go Inc tomorrow......I think I love the HTC Sense and lil widgets on the Inc, but the Samsung is nice! The verizon version will be the only one with a flash on the camera and it will be nice! eeekkkkkkkk

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Had
So what is going to happen when the Samsung Fascinate comes out??? Will people jump to that? Dunno if I should wait for that....or go Inc tomorrow......I think I love the HTC Sense and lil widgets on the Inc, but the Samsung is nice! The verizon version will be the only one with a flash on the camera and it will be nice! eeekkkkkkkk

Having had the Vibrant for a week, that is also a tough decision. I personally think HTC Sense has an edge on the user interface, but the Galaxy has the best screen I've ever seen. It also looks good in the sun. The Incredible natively has Google apps built in, while the Fascinate has Bing (Boo!). We're pretty certain that you can manually add the Google apps, but shame on Verizon for not doing so to begin with. So it's really a matter of which phone speaks to your tastes. I should add that if Samsung doesn't fix these GPS issues soon, the Incredible becomes the obvious choice.

bmxfreak995

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
people are killing for dinc's! i had mine since opening day so i was getting kinda sick of it and with more and more friends getting bb's (dont ask why) i wanted one for bbm. i was looking on craigslist and one guy was willing to trade a brand new verizon bold and his droid eris will all acc, along with a 16g mem card for my droid. needless to say i have my bb bold now and will be selling the eris for a cool 200. ill be getting the next droid though for sure.

coolkatz321

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
No interest what-so-ever in Windows 7 Mobile. After the mess they made with WM simply not worth the time.

Windows 7 was an incredible turnaround over Vista, and from what I've seen, the mobile platform is going to be pretty nice as well. I love Android and will probably end up sticking with it, but not before checking out Windows 7, mainly because of the monumental jump forward they've made. It looks fantastic, and their phones will definitely be the most powerful out there.

Just my $.02.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Windows 7 was an incredible turnaround over Vista, and from what I've seen, the mobile platform is going to be pretty nice as well. I love Android and will probably end up sticking with it, but not before checking out Windows 7, mainly because of the monumental jump forward they've made. It looks fantastic, and their phones will definitely be the most powerful out there.

Just my $.02.

I love windows 7 on my new dell mini 1012 netbook... its even the starter edition but it flys.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I hear about microsoft putting alot into updating their stuff ,the last windows phone I had was the motoQ hahahahahaha so I dont need to mention anything else about that phone and satisfied with my new phones now too :) I am a happy camper haha