Will i be able to watch netflix on my phone with froyo?

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Will this be possible?? And where is this froyo at!? Why do we have to wait for it here in here in the US?

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
It's not only a software issue. Besides Netflix uses Microsoft Silverlight not just Flash for their online streams.
The other issue is legal licensing to distribute the movies and tv shows too mobile devices.
They posted an ad looking to hire developers for streaming to Android devices almost two months ago. So it's in the works, but there's more involved than Froyo.
As for why we have to wait... Because software has to be approved by the handset manufactures, services providers, and Google. Code has to tasted and customized.

dude0909

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
It is most definitely a no. You don't use Flash when watching netflix, you use silverlight, microsofts "flash replacement".

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Huh. Netflix works fine on my iPad. <ducks and runs> ;)

I bet the iPhone 4 gets Netflix sooner than any android device. Just sayin'. How's that flash working out for us?

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Huh. Netflix works fine on my iPad. <ducks and runs> ;)

I bet the iPhone 4 gets Netflix sooner than any android device. Just sayin'. How's that flash working out for us?

Well..you don't stream from Netflix.com, right, you use the Netflix app? That is different. Netflix is working on an iPhone app (if it isn't already done) and Android, too. Android will be out after iPhone. There are netflix blogs about the subject.