1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default Is this happening to anyone else?

I just FINALLY got my incredible on Monday and periodically I am experiencing random resets by the phone as well as having an issue with programs randomly exiting on their own. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or if I should take the phone in to the vzw store?

PS: anyone with knowledge about android systems know If the froyo update could/would fix this?
    Last edited by JoeC44; 08-04-2010 at 05:17 PM.
    FD2
    Shadow Lurker

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sounds like you got a bad one.

A friend of mine was having similar issues (I think he said his phone would randomly restart) until he uninstalled ATK. Hope you get yours working.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I have atk installed and I'm only killing the apps that I open (ie not killing any native apps or system processes)

I do have this problem from time to time.....I am gonna wait for froyo to make my decision on returning for new phone....take ark off all together

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts

I would just uninstall atk. If you still have the problem, take it back. It doesn't make since to wait for froyo if you have a defect now. Contrary to popular belief, froyo is not the Jesus OS that will solve all problems
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Is there a better app/task manager than atk?

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoeC44 View Post
    the task killer that comes with the phone

I like system panel.

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

I have this problem only when I lose coverage. Seems to happen in a single location when I drive through it every day, never happens at home or in areas where I have good coverage. Btw, I do use a task killer and the app is not running when this happens and it doesn't restart every time.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

I have atk installed and I'm only killing the apps that I open (ie not killing any native apps or system processes)
    It seems to be the general consensus that the Android operating system does a fantastic job of memory and application management...and that "task managers" are superfluous at best and problematic at worst.

Global Posts
    6,689 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I dont use ANY taskkiller at all I just set up the brightness, display to best settings for low battery comsumption , turn off GPS when not using , as well with WiFi (when I know there is no where I can get a WiFi connection at work. My phones been on now 11 hrs and I got 2/3 of battery power left , stock battery.I read where task killers can cause more issues then help .Hope you get your phone performing better or replaced whichever it turns out to be wrong with it .

I would agree. It appears that task killers are unnecessary with the most recent Android OSs...

JC

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Task Manager

Quote Originally Posted by douger View Post
    It seems to be the general consensus that the Android operating system does a fantastic job of memory and application management...and that "task managers" are superfluous at best and problematic at worst.
    Ditto! It has been discussed and proven over and over again on this website, that there is no need for a task manager.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I was just wondering if it was a certain app that was causing the issue or if it was the phone itself. The only reason I had a task manager app is because I heard so much about the horrible battery life. So far 4 days in I absolutely love this phone. I just wanna make sure I don't have a lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchambo View Post
    I would agree. It appears that task killers are unnecessary with the most recent Android OSs...

JC
    +1 i don't see how task killers are necessary anymore. i see more complaints than praise by those who use them.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    +1 i don't see how task killers are necessary anymore. i see more complaints than praise by those who use them.
    I've got one for you: the Exchange calendar bug that prevents the phone from sleeping. Without ATK, my battery would die in about 4 hours just sitting on my desk...

But it doesn't sound like OP needs it, and it could be causing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary View Post
    I've got one for you: the Exchange calendar bug that prevents the phone from sleeping. Without ATK, my battery would die in about 4 hours just sitting on my desk...

But it doesn't sound like OP needs it, and it could be causing the problem.
    Walk away from Exchange . . . that's my suggestion. lol. Don't fear the Cloud.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Walk away from Exchange . . . that's my suggestion. lol. Don't fear the Cloud.
    Yeah, I'd have an easy time telling my firm to ditch the $500K Exchange email with emergency MessageLabs backup system that they've implemented because HTC's Calendar app fraks with the battery life on my phone. I'm sure they'd go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary View Post
    Yeah, I'd have an easy time telling my firm to ditch the $500K Exchange email with emergency MessageLabs backup system that they've implemented because HTC's Calendar app fraks with the battery life on my phone. I'm sure they'd go for that.
    LOL