Dual Phone Numbers

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
SO I just took a job as IT Manager for a company who is in a different area code then where I (and all my family) live. They use sprint phones as corporate phones which don't have coverage in my home town (at my house anyway). So I am using my Incredible which I love. Only problem is that their phone system has an account code activated for all long distance (through the phone company) and not all users are allowed an account code. So I thought I would just program in a pause to dial in a pre determined account code. Nope can't get it to work automatically even though it works manually. SO, my question is does anyone know of a way to have two phone numbers on the incredible? I don't want long distance for all of my family by switching to a new number in the company's area. Or maybe a service that would provide free call forwarding to my cell from a local number?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
VZW told me the Inc can't have two VZW numbers, unfortunately. (Of course, maybe that rep was wrong?!?)

I've been beta testing Google Voice since before it was called Google Voice. While it has gotten much better over the years, there are some folks who constantly complain about calls being dropped. If it happens to you regularly, I'd imagine it would be a hassle for you.

Has anyone here used the Skype option? I thought you could call out through a Skype number.

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Jumping on the Google Voice bandwagon.

Plus, unless you're calling internationally, why would you need a long distance code?

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I really don't understand your issue. Maybe I'm a bit slow at the moment. You should be able to make and receive calls nationwide. Do you have some special cell plan that doesn't allow this?

Google Voice will give you another number that you can use to make and receive calls. It also has cool speech-to-text for your voice mails and can email or sms you a transcript.

So you can have two numbers, if you are looking to give one out and keep one private.

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
No guys. I May have been unclear. THE COMPANY has their phone service provider using account codes. NOT my incredible. I have no problem talking to them. It is when they call ME and they don't have an account code (probably due to long distance call abuse) that we have the issue.

I will study up more on Google Voice and see how that works for me.

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Assuming they are all in the same location (but that's different from your location), then that's even easier. Just select a Google Voice number that's local to them.

Just re-read your first post:
. . . maybe a service that would provide free call forwarding to my cell from a local number?
Google Voice would solve this with no problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz