My Palm Pre Plus Owns the Incredible!

tekkshaman

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok...I'm kidding. I do like a lot of things about the Pre Plus, but I'm sick of my Pre Plus GPS not working, among other minor issues, and I miss Poynt from Blackberry days. I am moving to an Incredible as soon as Verizon gets it to me. Any suggestions for things I should do/set-up at first?

Looks like I am getting the extended battery - which may limit my case options. Joy. Any suggestions there?

FramCire

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Go to appbrain.com sign up... research apps...... add apps you "must have" to install.

When you get your phone, download appbrain app from market... go into it. Manage your apps..... sync...... preform installs...... it will run you through installing all your chosen apps.

Get a file manager (like Astro).

Get an organizer (like App Organizer)

READ READ READ about all the apps and such.

As for battery, wait on the extended and see if froyo plus smart management gets you through.l

Lots of other ideas later!

ryaleon

Apr 20, 2010
www.facebook.com
start finding apps at appbrain.com so as soon as u get ur incredible you can sync it with with the appbrain app. much easier than going throught the market and picking one app at a time.

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
... after you get AppBrain be sure to add "Fast WeB Installer" to your AppBrain it makes installing apps cooler and automaticly installs them to your phone then . :)

tekkshaman

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

I appreciate all the information. Sorry for the late reply - I had a few mishaps on the order. I'm getting it Aug. 16th if all goes well. I'll get on appbrain and start getting all I want in order. :)

howser87

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
If you had a battery % icon patch on your Pre Plus like I did, then my first widget install may be yours as well. I grabbed a batterylife widget from the marketplace within 1 minute of turning on the phone.

I dumped my Pre for the GPS, the keyboard issues, the 1.4.5 update delays, the lack of flash support, and the price of after market batteries. Got my Incredible on the 11th and I am never looking back.

EDIT: I have pretty heavy use during the day, and I thought not having the touchstone on my desk at work would end up being a killer. Half a week later I am loving the battery life I get on the Incredible. Already ordered an extended battery and a 1500 mah, but it looks like stock I am doing fine for a 9 hr workday.

Last edited:

Falconfree

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thread title made me laugh. =) A friend of mine is always bragging about how his Palm Pre Plus is teh koolest phone EVAR. He used to badmouth Android... until Hubby and I got our Dinc and D2. Now we just laugh and pretend we don't notice him drooling over our shoulders when we pull out our phones.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance