1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Question Droid 2 instead of Incredible? Have I made a mistake?

I'm a new account holder with Verizon. I was looking at the incredible or the x - wasn't sure about the size of the x, but the salesman talked me into it and said that it would ship "probably tomorrow" (this was last monday). Well, of course after four days I called him back and surprise surprise it won't ship until 8/19. I was never all that sold on the x anyway - too big. I asked about the incredible and the d2. He said the inc should ship by the 10th, or he could hold the d2 for me on thursday. I decided to go with the d2, but now I'm reconsidering.
    I really like my wife's droid (original), but I'm not sure I'll use the keyboard all that much and I prefer the thin profile of the incredible. The guts should be pretty identical except for the camera, right? And I know there's the sense vs "blur" issue, too. If any of you were starting out new and could pick either of these phones, which would it be? If I want to change my mind yet again, I want to be fairly certain that I'm making a good decision. I know that a lot of these matters are personal preference, etc, but I'd just like to hear what people think about their incredibles and if there's anything I'm not considering. Thanks for the advice.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I would choose the Incredible over the the D2 and X mainly because the size of the Inc is prefect for me. I had the D1 and rarely ever used the keyboard so don't miss that option. The X seems like a nice phone but I don't need a screen that large. All 3 phones are very nice it just depends on what you want, so if you prefer the thin profile and like Sense I would get the Incredible.

coworker has the droid x (coming from a bb like me) and he is ready to smash it to pieces (or trade it back within the 30 day period). he feels like a fool for picking it over the incredible, especially after i let him use my incredible for a while.

from what i'm seeing and reading, the droid x is a bit of a fail compared to the incredible or evo.

I would choose the incredible all over again since I don't need a keyboard (came from touch screen BB), and rather have a slim form factor and no sliding mechanism.

I may be mistaken, but I believe the Droid 2 has a different processor.

Global Posts
    6,684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I would forsure choose the Incredible over the D2 , over and over again.I had a slider once and it suked .Thats just how I feel about it

Agree Incredible all the way, Im not a fan personally of slider phones, and I like HTC sense

If you asked me a couple months ago, I would have said D2 without a doubt.

That was before I got a Dinc.

It is a corporate phone so choices were Dinc, BB or iPhone. I wanted something more flexible than iPhone and I am not a fan of BB keyboards. That made my decision fairly easy.

Now that I have had the Dinc for about a month, I would not trade it for any of the others available.

For me in comes down to two things, Htc vs moto, and physical vs virtual keyboard. For me, incredible is the easy winner on both.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Thanks for replies, guys. Looks like the overwhelming response is pro-Incredible (don't know what I expected on an incredible forum ) What about the issues with signal and battery life? Has anybody used a droid and an incredible and noticed a significant difference in the two? I've been reading up on bump charging, 1500 mAh batteries, external battery chargers, etc. But what do you guys think? thanks
    /

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock... For now

Quote Originally Posted by bstarr3 View Post
    Thanks for replies, guys. Looks like the overwhelming response is pro-Incredible (don't know what I expected on an incredible forum ) What about the issues with signal and battery life? Has anybody used a droid and an incredible and noticed a significant difference in the two? I've been reading up on bump charging, 1500 mAh batteries, external battery chargers, etc. But what do you guys think? thanks
    /
    First, stay with the inc. the motos are bricks compared to it.
    Batteries are not going to be great on any b big screen smartphone. I recommend getting a second bigger battery. I bought two 1800 mah batteries of ebay with an external charger for under thirty bucks. They barely fit under the stock case but they do fit and I can still use my hard case with it. Always having a full battery ready makes life so much easier.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Unlocked Rooted
    Love IT!!

I don't want or need the keyboard. It's the DI for me.

Since X UI is similar to that of Droid 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryobi View Post
    There is a certain connect between the user interface and the hardware which I believe the X lacks. Even after using the X for a week, it seems to me that things are just easier to do with the Inc. I don't feel it with the X. Hardware aside, the Moto UI is just terrible. The Inc UI is smooth, polished and fast. No lags.

I have to buy apps to make the X more appealing. LauncherPro to name one. I have to buy an app to make the unlock screen not lag, widgetlocker.

The Inc has great speaker and ringtone volume. The X does not. The X has good battery management, the Inc does not. Both phones get close to the same reception. I have both next to each other and the dBm's are close. The X shows 4-5 bars and the Inc shows 1-2. Both are around -85dBm.
    Sounds like signal strength is about the same. I think it's just that the process of calculating bars for the incredible is a little different.

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

Slightly off subject but....
    What are the odds that VZW will run out of stock the first day and have a month back order???
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Ended up going with the incredible, and got it yesterday. Definitely happy with my choice! Compared to my wife's D1, it's just such a better form factor for me. Battery's definitely not what I'm used to coming from an iphone. I know it needs some break in time (and I'll stop playing with it so much). I'll give it a couple of weeks but will probably end up going with the 1750 battery. Thanks for advice, guys.

Global Posts
    1,149 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Both are good phones it will all depend on how you like the D2.....if not return it and get the Incredible.

Global Posts
    838 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's nice to have choices isn't it?

The 3 phones are similar as far as performance, so you don't have to feel you are lacking in those areas. The differences in the 3 basically come down to personal preference in what you are looking for.

Looking for a nice big screen? Droid X

Looking for a physical keyboard? Droid 2

Looking for a great form factor and prefer no keyboard? Incredible

All 3 are great phones, I never thought I could get by without the physical keyboard after trying so many different touchscreens. Incredible is the best one I've tried, I believe it offers superior error correction plus I love Sense UI.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post

The 3 phones are similar as far as performance, so you don't have to feel you are lacking in those areas. The differences in the 3 basically come down to personal preference in what you are looking for.

All 3 are great phones, I never thought I could get by without the physical keyboard after trying so many different touchscreens. Incredible is the best one I've tried, I believe it offers superior error correction plus I love Sense UI.
    what he said

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post

Ditto.

You really can't go wrong with which ever one you pick. Go with what you like best.

Yeah wait for the INC its bad ***, plus the x and droid 2 are motorola. motorola= ****!!!
    I had a pebble from them and it was a piece of ****. I am an HTC guy from now on.
    Bottom line is Don't believe the hype!!!!!!(Public Enemy Quote)
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I would still get the incredible even with the X specs, etc. I personally love sense UI and it helped my transition from wm/bb/palm os's to android. I tried typing on my wife's ipod touch for a day, got used to it and made the purchase without even seeing it...perfect size, etc.

At what point does a device become too big? it would be the evo/X IMHO.