I Love my Dinc!

staffordjm

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I've never had a smart phone before, unless you count the various Blackberries that my company has provided me. But they completely lock it down so I can't really customize it much or install any apps, and none of them actually have phone service attached, so they don't count!

For my previous phone (LG Voyager), custom ringtones generally meant editing songs I wanted to use on my PC with Audacity and then using BitPim to coerce the phone to accept my created ringtones. It was a nightmare to get to work. So one of the things that I was dreading was getting all of my custom ringtones added to my new Dinc. I had no idea how to do it. I connected my phone as a disk drive to my PC. I created a directory, called "Ringtones" on the internal storage and dumped them all in there with the the idea that I would try to make them work somehow later.

So after I disconnected from my computer, there were all my ringtones in the ringtones list. I didn't have to do anything special, Android just did the right thing. I love this phone! Oh and I had one sound that I wanted to use for notifications, I put it in a Notifications directory, and that worked automatically too. I love it!