Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Default com.facebook.auth.login

Some really weird stuff happening here. My contacts list has 20-30 duplicates for some of my contacts. I see in other threads people refer to this too. Under my People tab-> View, the com.facebook.auth.login shows 32049 contacts and the number changes constantly. I only have 900 facebook friends. Anyone know whats going on here and why its freely duplicating these contacts??

Uninstall the facebook update. It's horribly, horribly broken.

Ugh. I download that update and I think "Finally, Facebook is on its way to making a decent app for Android. This actually looks good and is moderately functional."
    Let me just take my foot out of my mouth here and give up completely on that.

How do we delete all those duplicates in the .com.facebook.auth.login group because it is horrible to see 1000 contacts of the same name everytime I try to type one up. I did revert back to the original facebook though

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Putts View Post
    Uninstall the facebook update. It's horribly, horribly broken.

Stupid question here...(just got my DINC),

How do you uninstall it? Do you go through the "setup" and uncheck the facebook sync?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyder View Post
    Stupid question here...(just got my DINC),

How do you uninstall it? Do you go through the "setup" and uncheck the facebook sync?
    Easiest way would be to go to the Market, search for "Facebook for Android", and there should be an option there to "uninstall updates" in place of the normal "uninstall" option.

I have an Evo but I had the same problem. Here is my solution to it.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...tml#post275924
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

This contact thing seems to be the biggest problem with the Android devices to date. If Facebook don't get this fixed its going to cause major unhappiness from customers. Facebook needs to get a hold of this issue and quick.

Quote Originally Posted by yomonk1 View Post
    This contact thing seems to be the biggest problem with the Android devices to date. If Facebook don't get this fixed its going to cause major unhappiness from customers. Facebook needs to get a hold of this issue and quick.
    It is an easy fix though. It shouldn't be there in the first place but at least it is easily fixable.

This fixed it for me, much easier.

"If you have the 1.3.1 facebook, it's likely the culprit. I had contacts that had hundreds of duplicates, they manifest themselves as linked contacts.

Log out of facebook, clear the facebook data, and the duplicates will go away. If you log back into facebook set the contact synchronization option to not sync, it should work until they come out with an update." - jeffs

When you log out of FB, it will warn you that all data will be removed (YAHOOO) so go ahead. Then log back in and select to NOT SYNC. It worked and my contacts are WAYYYY cleaner!

I was messing with this just last night. under view contacts, i unchecked com.facebook.auth.login, and checked Facebook and google. after i did that everything cleaned up really well.