Facebook Sync w/ Wifi only?

f3liC

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm on pageplus and i only have a limited amount of data. Therefore, i want to try and keep it to a minimum usage of data. Can i set it so that facebook will only sync through wifi and not 3g?

Also, i linked my contacts up with their facebook accounts (i did it for their pictures). If i can sync facebook up with wifi and not 3g, will my contacts also get updated via wifi?

f3liC

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been googling answers for almost 2 days now and still cant' find an answer. Can someone help me with this problem?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It uses data....only option is to uninstall and go to the webpage through the browser, or have updates just sent to your phone as text messages......

The other is to just turn off 3g on the device.
I think that is possible but it affects everything.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You can go into Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync and turn off automatic sync. Then, whenever you are on wifi just go into this menu and hit "sync all" and you should be fine. I don't know of a way to do it automatically though, sorry.

Donald Welker

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
On Android 4.4 (Verizon Droid Mini) this is under Settings | Data Usage, menu -> Restrict Background Data (applies to all apps).
There you can also turn off Mobile Data completely.

DanielBaker2

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Go to Settings - Mobile Data. Find the list of apps under there. Press "Facebook" in the list. See "Restrict background data" there; click to check the checkbox and you are done.

mv426hemi

May 9, 2017
Visit site
I have noticed that my phone is using large quantities of mobile data early in the morning (while I'm still asleep) and the phone is connected to WIFI. Doesn't make sense! So that begs a couple of questions:

1) Why is Facebook channeling its data draw through mobile data instead of through the available WIFI?
2) What the heck is Facebook using that data for (we are talking about up to 1/2 Gb of data at a time?
3) How can I stop it from doing that, either by redirecting the data transfer through my WIFI, or stop it completely other than by logging out of Facebook? A follow-up to this question is: When I sign onto Facebook then to start the day, will it simply start the massive data usage then (through mobile data), thusly rendering my turning Facebook off, a wasted effort?

I have turned background data off in my phone settings.

Thanks in advance, and any insight would be helpful!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma