1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Default Wallpaper issues!!!

every time i change the wallpaper it goes back to the stock one with all the colorful bubbles.. the only way i can change the wallapper is if i change then i reboot the phone...but after that if i change the wallpaper it goes back to the stock one again then reboot again... help ???
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

If your running Sense you should go into applications and HTC Sense and try clearing the cache, data, and defaults. If your running a launcher clear all that in both sense and the launcher your using.

im having the same issue and that did not help me. the only wallpapers i can change to are live ones and id rather not use those to save battery. and i tried the clearing of the cache, data and defaults.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

This happened to me awhile back and was fixed after a battery pull.

You try moving the picture you want to use to the phone storage and see if that helps. Or try changing to one of the wallpapers that came with the phone.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Upstreammiami View Post
    every time i change the wallpaper it goes back to the stock one with all the colorful bubbles.. the only way i can change the wallapper is if i change then i reboot the phone...but after that if i change the wallpaper it goes back to the stock one again then reboot again... help ???
    Do you use a Task Managing app?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by JTDavis View Post
    Do you use a Task Managing app?
    Didn't think of that one, it could be the answer.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Ya it happened to me a couple of times because I accidentally ended the process with Advanced Task Killer

I'm going through this too. Happens every time I turn off phone and turn back on. My Wallpaper always reverts back to one used before the current wallpaper at the time of shut down. Pulling the battery has had no effect. I tried to find the HTC Sense mclarryjr is speaking of but without a step by step guide am fearful to change anything until I'm sure I'm in the right location. No task managing app. Do have Astro file manager though.
    Last edited by ic3pO; 08-11-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Okay, me thinks I've found it... >Menue >Settings >Applications >Manage Applications >HTC Sense >Clear data ~ >Clear cache ~ >Clear defaults Question; If I do this will I loose my clock widget and etc.?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

You won't loose any widgets or app's
    Thanked by:
    ic3pO 

Cool Thanks! I'll give 'er a shot.

Wah-la! Thanks mclarryjr I lost a couple customized scenes along with their apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders but within a couple hours I had them all rebuilt back on the Nexus mod scene. Shut down phone and rebooted. For the first time in several weeks the custom scene reappeared by itself after the soft boot! Suhweet!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

this has been happening to me too, i was just changing to a live wallpaper when it happened, and back to a static one, that seems to work. I just tried clearing the data, we will see what happens.

That solved the problem but i'd suggest you write down on a piece of paper what your scenes are before hand for easy rebuilding.

My question is if i keep swapping wallpaper, which i like to do, will this keep on happening?
    Last edited by kicko; 08-12-2010 at 10:07 AM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by ic3pO View Post
    Wah-la! Thanks mclarryjr I lost a couple customized scenes along with their apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders but within a couple hours I had them all rebuilt back on the Nexus mod scene. Shut down phone and rebooted. For the first time in several weeks the custom scene reappeared by itself after the soft boot! Suhweet!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Glad to see you got it working

I have had the same problem for a while. I've pulled the battery, went into htc sense and cleared the cache, and data. No luck. I have to use HTC sense wallpaper that came with the phone. If I use a wallpaper that I upload to the sd card, it goes back to the HTC default bubbles.

Any way to put my wallpapers into the same directory as the HTC wallpapers?