Wallpaper issues!!!

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
every time i change the wallpaper it goes back to the stock one with all the colorful bubbles.. the only way i can change the wallapper is if i change then i reboot the phone...but after that if i change the wallpaper it goes back to the stock one again then reboot again... help ???

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If your running Sense you should go into applications and HTC Sense and try clearing the cache, data, and defaults. If your running a launcher clear all that in both sense and the launcher your using.

jllargent

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
im having the same issue and that did not help me. the only wallpapers i can change to are live ones and id rather not use those to save battery. and i tried the clearing of the cache, data and defaults.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
This happened to me awhile back and was fixed after a battery pull.

You try moving the picture you want to use to the phone storage and see if that helps. Or try changing to one of the wallpapers that came with the phone.

JTDavis86

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
every time i change the wallpaper it goes back to the stock one with all the colorful bubbles.. the only way i can change the wallapper is if i change then i reboot the phone...but after that if i change the wallpaper it goes back to the stock one again then reboot again... help ???

Do you use a Task Managing app?

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm going through this too. Happens every time I turn off phone and turn back on. My Wallpaper always reverts back to one used before the current wallpaper at the time of shut down. Pulling the battery has had no effect. I tried to find the HTC Sense mclarryjr is speaking of but without a step by step guide am fearful to change anything until I'm sure I'm in the right location. No task managing app. Do have Astro file manager though.

Last edited:

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Okay, me thinks I've found it... >Menue >Settings >Applications >Manage Applications >HTC Sense >Clear data ~ >Clear cache ~ >Clear defaults Question; If I do this will I loose my clock widget and etc.?

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Wah-la! Thanks mclarryjr :p I lost a couple customized scenes along with their apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders but within a couple hours I had them all rebuilt back on the Nexus mod scene. Shut down phone and rebooted. For the first time in several weeks the custom scene reappeared by itself after the soft boot! Suhweet!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

:cool:

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
this has been happening to me too, i was just changing to a live wallpaper when it happened, and back to a static one, that seems to work. I just tried clearing the data, we will see what happens.

That solved the problem but i'd suggest you write down on a piece of paper what your scenes are before hand for easy rebuilding.

My question is if i keep swapping wallpaper, which i like to do, will this keep on happening?

Last edited:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Wah-la! Thanks mclarryjr :p I lost a couple customized scenes along with their apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders but within a couple hours I had them all rebuilt back on the Nexus mod scene. Shut down phone and rebooted. For the first time in several weeks the custom scene reappeared by itself after the soft boot! Suhweet!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

:cool:

Glad to see you got it working

h3seaking

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I have had the same problem for a while. I've pulled the battery, went into htc sense and cleared the cache, and data. No luck. I have to use HTC sense wallpaper that came with the phone. If I use a wallpaper that I upload to the sd card, it goes back to the HTC default bubbles.

Any way to put my wallpapers into the same directory as the HTC wallpapers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci