How To Delete Search History?

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
How do you delete search history in the Market & the Google Search bar?

Also, what's the point of deleting all search history/caches/cookies etc., in the browser, if you can just press back to see it?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
To delete the Google search = select the search button>select menu>search settings>google search>log in with email and password then delete from there.

To clear in market = setting>applications>manage applications>market>clear data (this will delete all your setting in the market not just the search history.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
For the native browser I understand what your saying. However if you power off and back on, hitting back after opening the browser will return you to the home screen. AS for the market, I don't know if clear data will get rid of it. Maybe they fixed it but at one point the only way to do it was to uninstall the market update, which essentially rolls it back. It eventually updates again (i think its automatic). I don't remember if you lose all your apps or the market forgets you have them...I think neither.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Search: Search Button on phone --> menu --> search settings --> Google Search --> Manage Search History --> Login. On the bottom left of the page in the menu there is a 'remove items' option. That clears your history.

Browser: Open Browser --> Menu --> More --> Settings --> Privacy Configuration (Clear all cookie data/cacge/history/form data/passwords/location access)

Market: Menu --> Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> (on 2.2 click all then) Market --> Clear cache/ clear data

6s1d9

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
How do you delete search history in the Market & the Google Search bar?

Also, what's the point of deleting all search history/caches/cookies etc., in the browser, if you can just press back to see it?

As to "pressing the back button and still seeing your previous pages" what I do is delete history, then open a new window, close the original window and that solves you or anyone from pressing back and viewing your viewed pages.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget to delete the /eemc/.bookmark_thumb1 directory contents with a file manager to get the "bookmark" Screen Caps if you want to delete all your history. This still has not been fixed for 2.1.

Anyone know if the Froyo build fixes this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon