I went to Verizon today to take a look at
08-13-2010 04:01 PM
- the Droid X just out of curiosity. It was a dummy phone so I didn't get the feel of how much it weighs or what the screen looked like but it I really didn't like it (too big). What was very surprising to me was no where in the store did they have the DINC. I asked the rep if he had a display model and he told me they had nothing in the store. I asked if he was still selling it and he said yes. How can these stores not even have dummy DINC phones out for display. Seems like they just want to push the Droid X and let the DINC just fade out of existence.08-12-2010 05:42 PM
- I guess it depends on which store you go to. I went to 3 near me recently, the first one had one before I got mine. It was a fully working one and it was during the 3 week backorder. The second store didn't have any on display but they had cardboard cutouts of the phone (the second store was fairly new but not very big). The third store where I got my accessories (case, screen protector and car charger) had one but didn't get a chance to see if it was real or a dummy phone.08-12-2010 06:24 PM
- the X is huge, and i can't get past the giant hunch back and the physical buttons. i'm just too picky for my own good!
also, moto doesn't use as good of processors and camera. generally HTC and motorola, with same "performance specs"...HTC will do better due to better quality components.08-12-2010 10:18 PM
- My local reseller does not have any working displays but they will open a box and let you play with what you can without activating the phone if you ask nicely. All the corporate stores around here have working demos.
I stopped into a corporate store today to play with a D2. I was not impressed. When I got my DInc, I tried just about every phone in the place; the D1 was the last one before I tried the DInc. I almost got the D1 because I liked Android more than I thought I would, then I tried the DInc and I figured it was the faster processor that made it all just Work. Now I know it’s not just the processor. The D2 still did not feel as smooth or as snappy as the DInc.
I’m sure there is a benchmark somewhere that would say I’m worng, but after using the DInc for a few months now, the D2 was still lacking somehow.
Just my thoughts.08-12-2010 10:50 PM
- I was in 2 different VZW stores today trying to get my hands on a cheap screen protector while I wait for my skinomi to ship. The first location I was in the guy looked at me funny when I said I just got a Droid Incredible. His reaction was "Why not the X, or the first Moto Droid?" This is also the same location where I taught the salesman how to turn on a phone... these privately owned shops with an official looking Verizon sign are going to kill their company.
First shop had a case or two. Second shop (not corp, part of the same private chain) had the screen protectors and a nice selection of accessories.08-13-2010 03:41 AM
Do you have examples for this or just more opinions without facts? I've seen nothing but good benchmarks from the OMAP processor and the reviews mention nothing negative about the cameras. Why is it the Incredible forums are always trying to trash Motorola and the X?08-13-2010 12:27 PM
- The vzw store I visited last night had all the android phones on display. Two each. I tried out the x, droid 2, and lg ally. Thumbs down on the ally, it was slow. The droid 2 was nice but I didn't like the keyboard. The x was nice but I didn't like the hard buttons on the bottom. Thumbs up for the incredible.08-13-2010 02:18 PM
I know when my brother worked for CompUSA, he would get a $25 bonus for each (~$100) ZIP drive he sold. At least for the first 2 months after the new models would come out. He pushed the hell out of those things.08-13-2010 03:20 PM
- Do you have examples for this or just more opinions without facts? I've seen nothing but good benchmarks from the OMAP processor and the reviews mention nothing negative about the cameras. Why is it the Incredible forums are always trying to trash Motorola and the X?08-13-2010 03:25 PM
- My roommate just got the Droid 2, and besides it having Froyo, I just can't see a single solitary reason to purchase it. The keyboard is still pretty mediocre, Sense UI is light-years ahead of the "Ninja" Motoblur, and it feels really, really laggy. At the current moment, the Incredible is still the best Verizon phone out there, by miles and miles.08-13-2010 04:01 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- Droid Incredible Series
- Verizon Droid Incredible
I went to Verizon today to take a look at
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD