Can't access contacts, phone dialer

johnnyblaze26

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, hope you can help. Something happened to my phone last night and it's been barely working since. I downloaded the latest facebook update and everything seemed fine. A bit later I tried to view my HTC mail and it was having issues loading and just said loading mail. I thought it may be an issue with my mail server for work, but after some troubleshooting I found it wasn't. I deleted the email account to see if that would help, and that allowed me to view my work gmail account through the HTC mail app just fine. Then sense started force closing and I had to pull my battery to reset the phone a few times. I have not have that problem since.

Now I can't access my contacts at all. I also can't hit the phone button to make a call from the home screen. So basically every sense app doesn't work now. I'd like to avoid wiping out the phone completely since I have never backed up my contacts, so I'm hoping someone has another idea. I have had the low memory warning pop up a few times but it's been a few days since I've seen it. I read the memory leak thread and tried the defrag to see if that helped, and no dice. I've also gone in and cleared just about every cache I could find.

My phone is not rooted if that matters for suggestion purposes. Thanks in advance for your help.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I had a lot of problems with in Inc this week and it turned out to be a bad SD card. This may not be your problem, but you could try removing the SD Card and see if that makes a difference. Best to shut of off, then remove it, then power it back on.

johnnyblaze26

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I had a lot of problems with in Inc this week and it turned out to be a bad SD card. This may not be your problem, but you could try removing the SD Card and see if that makes a difference. Best to shut of off, then remove it, then power it back on.

Didn't think to try that. Just did and still the same issues. Thanks for the suggestion though.

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Facebook App strikes again !!

Something in the Facebook app is trashing people's phones and causing memory leak problems....... AVOID THE FACEBOOK APP until this gets corrected !!

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, hope you can help. Something happened to my phone last night and it's been barely working since. I downloaded the latest facebook update and everything seemed fine. A bit later I tried to view my HTC mail and it was having issues loading and just said loading mail. I thought it may be an issue with my mail server for work, but after some troubleshooting I found it wasn't. I deleted the email account to see if that would help, and that allowed me to view my work gmail account through the HTC mail app just fine. Then sense started force closing and I had to pull my battery to reset the phone a few times. I have not have that problem since.

Now I can't access my contacts at all. I also can't hit the phone button to make a call from the home screen. So basically every sense app doesn't work now. I'd like to avoid wiping out the phone completely since I have never backed up my contacts, so I'm hoping someone has another idea. I have had the low memory warning pop up a few times but it's been a few days since I've seen it. I read the memory leak thread and tried the defrag to see if that helped, and no dice. I've also gone in and cleared just about every cache I could find.

My phone is not rooted if that matters for suggestion purposes. Thanks in advance for your help.

I had this same issue and the only thing that fixed it was a master reset. And after I reset my phone I didn't install the FB app again. I'm waiting for a fix before I mess with it again. I'm checking my facebook the old fashioned way... via the phone's internet browser, which with this phone's speed it works just fine.

Nikensds

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
:) I am an Android user too. I also have this problem of reading contacts on my phone. My friend recommended me to use the third party program to access Android contacts. I was really happy when I found it worked. Maybe you can have a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007