Phone Question

noelfales

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I came from Rim and am trying to figure out the following: how do I enter a phone number, a pause, then an extension number into contacts (so the phone dials the number, pauses, then dials the extension) - thanks

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I came from Rim and am trying to figure out the following: how do I enter a phone number, a pause, then an extension number into contacts (so the phone dials the number, pauses, then dials the extension) - thanks

The same way you did on Blackberry. 1234567890,,10004 etc. Each comma is a 2 second pause.

blashandroid

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Silly question but I've been trying to find a way to use the above tips to change the voicemail dial-in. I cannot edit/delete the voicemail speed dial setting (long press of #1) and I cannot seem to edit a contact for voicemail either. Goal is to automate password entry when calling voicemail. Clearly I've missed something. Anyone have an idea?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Silly question but I've been trying to find a way to use the above tips to change the voicemail dial-in. I cannot edit/delete the voicemail speed dial setting (long press of #1) and I cannot seem to edit a contact for voicemail either. Goal is to automate password entry when calling voicemail. Clearly I've missed something. Anyone have an idea?

Of course there is a way!

Menu>Settings>Call>Voicemail Settings>Enter a "P or ," for pause then password: *86p1234

1234 is where you password goes obviously. Or it could look like:

bobmartin25

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
auto dialing VM password

This doesn't work on the DX. I have been trying different combinations of this scheme but it only dials the* 86 and asks for the password. Any ideas?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
This doesn't work on the DX. I have been trying different combinations of this scheme but it only dials the* 86 and asks for the password. Any ideas?

Not to be rude but you would probably get more help in the Droid-X forum, this is the incredible forum. But......

Probably need more ","'s. You need to pause long enough to get to the password prompt.

I believe pville is correct. You need to call up manually first. Count how many seconds between it answering and asking for the password. Each "," is a 2 second pause. Add in the appropriate amount and it will work.

anon(3981)

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Adding a ";" will put in a "wait" instead of a pause. It creates a popup and waits for you to press the yes button before dialing. I use it on systems that seem to have no logic behind how long they take to answer and ask for the next input.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Of course there is a way!

Menu>Settings>Call>Voicemail Settings> it could look like:

@bobmartain25

I have a DX and I put it in as my VM number so I dont have to enter a password got to it like this :

MENU Button>settings>call settings>voicemail settings(settings for my carrier)>voicemail number..*86,1234 (1234 being my password) and it works . just cant use the p have to use the comma instead here. :)

bobmartin25

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Password Settings

Sorry about asking about X on this forum. I searched for this subject and this is where I found it. Must be something wrong with my phone. I entered the following:

*86,,1234#

It does wait the appropriate time then brings up a dial pad and ask me to enter my password.