Contact pictures missing in messages app

cmcdowell26

May 18, 2010
Visit site
They were there yesterday and today they are gone... any ideas?
I am using handcent but even if I look in the stock app they are still missing.

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me once. It was a pain but I deleted all my messages and contact pictures, then re-added the contact pictures. Seemed to work after that. First I'd try just deleting the messages and if that doesn't help maybe try re-adding the pics.

cmcdowell26

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i should prolly add that i am using a custom rom and kernel...the thing that was weird is that it happened over night. i will try that spaceman...thanks

surfacinglove

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
same here. I've tried clearing all data on the Contacts Storage app, which resynced my contacts, but they still aren't showing the images in the native message app or in Handcent...

Anyone else figure out how to fix this? Is there a way to clear contact pictures specifically?

surfacinglove

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that someone who is not in my Gmail chat contacts picture was displayed in the messages when I text them (obtained from Facebook - SyncMyPix), but the others that are in my Gmail chat contacts are still not being displayed...

I am using SyncMyPix, I wonder if it's causing issues with contacts who already have a picture in their Gmail chat profile?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang