1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Reliable Alarm Clock App

Does anyone have a reliable third-party alarm clock app?

I use my phone alarm clock as my primary alarm clock, and the stock one has not gone off 3 times now. No task killers here.I assume something is conflicting with it, but I don't know what. Do the Handcent popup SMS notifications interfere with it? Or Audiobooks that are on a timer (so that it turns itself off after an hour)? I've had different things running the times it didn't work, so I haven't been able to pin it down. If something is conflicting with it, is it likely that I'll have the same problem with any alarm clock app?

I found this thread: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...m-failure.html
    but it didn't have any answers to good third-party apps.

Ty in advance.

Edit: By the way, I've also had the opposite problem before too. This morning the alarm wouldn't turn off. I had to shut the phone down to get it off.
    Last edited by Falconfree; 08-17-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

I like . I wish they would add the ability to set multiple days but over all I love it. Been using it for about two weeks now and it always works.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

I love (there is also a if you just want to try it) for my morning wake-up. I'm using the math option, which really forces my brain to engage enough that I don't snooze for ages like I usually tend to do. I haven't had any problems with it at all.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Try "Alarm Klock". It allows multiple alarms which can repeat on selected days. Also allows you to temporarily disable an alarm without having to delete it.

Another vote for good morning... Tells you the weather and talks to you... I always wake up to something funny I type lol

Quote Originally Posted by drtrask View Post
    Try "Alarm Klock". It allows multiple alarms which can repeat on selected days. Also allows you to temporarily disable an alarm without having to delete it.
    I agree with this, "alarm klock" works great, for any former BB user it's similar to BBSmartAlarms.

I use KALOER CLOCK. I've tried them all and I think this is the best by far. It has multiple options, music to wake up, it will dim the screen and blackout the buttons when on. I'm yet to find an alarm clock feature that this doesn't supply.

I know this is kind of a dumb question but I've gotta ask (as I haven't played much with the native alarm clock); Does the screen of most alarm clock apps stay illuminated or does the screen time out close it down? And, when alarm goes off do I have to go through the screen unlock process? Thanx!

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts

Any alarm clock apps that allow for the programmed on/off times that the blackberry did?

Good Morning also has my vote. Love hearing my phone wake me up in the morning giving my girlfriend suggestions as to how she can really wake me up Quite fun.

ROM
    Axiom/Franko's

Quote Originally Posted by january34 View Post
    I use KALOER CLOCK. I've tried them all and I think this is the best by far. It has multiple options, music to wake up, it will dim the screen and blackout the buttons when on. I'm yet to find an alarm clock feature that this doesn't supply.
    +1 for Kaloer Clock. Been using it for a few months now and I love it.

I've recommended it several times on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by TNdroid View Post
    Any alarm clock apps that allow for the programmed on/off times that the blackberry did?
    Kaloer Clock is the closest thing I've come across to the blackberry experience, which is the main reason I like it. It's not perfect, but it fills the blackberry void.

It can't turn the phone on or off, but you can choose all other notification options like airplane mode, ringer on/off, notifications on/off, ect. I also lets you start the app when you plug in the phone and choose which hours it will start.
    Blackberry Tour 9630, Blackberry Bold 9650 - Crackberry.com username: newberrynewb
    HTC Droid Incredible, Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE - Androidcentral.com username: newdroidnewb

What's wrong with the stock app? Atk can kill it but u can put the clock on ignore by long pressing on it and adding it to the ignore list
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I don't have ATK or any other task killer. The stock alarm has not gone off several times already, and since it is my primary alarm clock it is a huge problem.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Falconfree View Post
    I don't have ATK or any other task killer. The stock alarm has not gone off several times already, and since it is my primary alarm clock it is a huge problem.
    One problem I had initially was the sound selected for my alarm clock was set to silent ring. Why anyone would pick that blows my mind but that's what it was set at. Another thing you may want to check is the actual alarm volume.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

The Good Morning alarm doesn't like to function when I sent my ringer to silent. (I don't like to be woken by the various emails sent out in the middle of the night) I've played with all the settings and cant find a solution. Any thoughts?