Battery LIfe

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I have been using this phone for almost a week, and I sorta knew battery life is bad, but not this bad. I can barely get 6 hours on a full charge. I have read up on this and found some tips and tricks, but nothing that has really helped. I just installed task killer. I have one exchange account that I have set to receive messages as they arrive. My comcast checks every half hour. I have a Pandora widget, as well as the HTC calender widget, which syncs with my Outlook exchange account. I turnoff wifi, bluetooth and gps when not using. I don't have too many other things syncing, and I do not use a ton. I am not sure what else I can do. This phone is incredible, except for the battery life. I could atleast get through the day on my Storm 2.

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
My solution was to get three extra batteries and two cradle chargers off ebay for about $25.
Now I just swap in a fresh battery before leaving work and I am good for the rest of the day. On my day off, I have the other charger at home with a battery there.

There are larger batteries available, they go for something like $40

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Put it in airplane mode for an hour here and there, if you aren't using it and can afford to be without service. There're two stickies at the top of this forum about battery life. Personally, I rooted and put on setcpu. That helps. The big profile setting is that I turn the CPU down to 460mhz when the screen is turned off.

I also just bought a 2150 extended battery from Verizon (I get an 18% discount) for about $45. I did this because sometimes I have latitude on for a few hours at a time with no access to a charger and I don't want to run any risk of running out of juice.

First day with new battery: Up for 15hours, awake for 5 hours. About 50% battery used. I also had setcpu turned off by mistake. I just turned it on.

Last edited:

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, you may not be ultimately happy with Task Killer (Google is your friend). If that happens, and you still want to "manage" your apps, give System Panel a shot.

...my $.02.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I can get through a full day on the regular battery.
Turn off the always on mobile option in settings, disable auto screen brightness, search this forum, etc.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I leave my phone connected to wifi network while at work and at home, I've noticed much battery life improvement when staying connected to wifi instead of 3g.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I dont use a task killer ,I let the OS handle my phone. I use moderate to light use depending on how much time I can use the phone and still get other stuff done , lol . I get about 14 hrs to 16 hrs easy , and not totally drain of battery power on a stock battery .I just tweak the settings and searched the tip section to set everything up .I dont have my incredible with me today got the DX . Today was its day off :p

Putts

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I can usually make it just about a full day (~14 hours) with moderate use on a single charge with background data, autosync, and always-on mobile data set to on. I leave Bluetooth off almost always as I find it's a huge battery sink (never has been with my previous phones though), and I leave Wi-Fi off unless I'm at home or the office. I also use auto-brightness, no task killers, and GPS is almost always on. I'm usually in areas that have pretty good Verizon signal saturation, that may have something to do with it.

Best tip I can give is to get yourself a couple of extra chargers. I keep a microUSB cable at my home and work computers, a car charger (I always plug in for Pandora or Google Nav), in addition to the standard charger which I keep next to my bed.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have always on mobile network disabled and I have no problems with exchange email (I always get new emails, but you have to manually sync up read/deleted).

I'm betting Calendar is a problem. It kept my phone from sleeping. And the widget has other downsides (too frakin big, looks amatuerish, no added functionality). I recommend ditching the widget and getting Android Agenda Widget from the market (much more customizable). Then use ATK to keep the Calendar app from loading up. That's kept it under control for me.

Otherwise, set programs that sync to do so less frequently (comcast, weather, facebook, etc).

Edit: if you want to see if you have a sleep/wake problem, go to Settings, About Phone, Battery. You're Up Time should be significantly larger than your Awake Time. If they are equal or very close (and you do not use your phone constantly), something is preventing sleep. To find out what, get the app "Spare Parts" from the market. In Spare Parts, go to Battery History and select "Partial Wake Usage" from the top menu. The largest value is probably the culprit (unless it is Android System).

Last edited:

Cyder

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I can go a full day on the stock battery. About 15-16 hours. At the end of the day I am in the yellow to red part of the battery, but by then I'm ready to charge my phone. I am looking into getting the bigger battery though.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
3500 battery. I now use my phone with out fear.

Today is my first day using the 2150 extended battery. I'm still fearful since theres no case on it but besides that I'm using this thing nonstop.

I was able to get 3-4 hours awake time with the 1300 battery and 4-5 hours awake time with the 1500 battery. I can't wait to see the awake time with the 2150 battery.

blastncast

May 3, 2010
Visit site
From my experience with my DInc. My original battery needed a week of use before the battery seemed to reach it's full potential. I got two extra batteries and the wall charger off of Ebay ( I made sure to get HTC HD2 batteries, they are 1500's and HTC branded ) for $16 and so even if I am away for the weekend I don't need to stress about batteries. As has been mentioned on this post charging your phone does not charge the battery to the same level as the wall charger does, charging the phone the first 10% of battery life goes quickly where when charging from the wall charger actually charges the battery to full. Now that I have all of these batteries and don't need to worry about it I have also found out how to manage my phone to hold the battery life, I have all the widgets and use them. I no longer keep my GPS on until I need it, I have changed my sync times to every 10 minutes and while I am in the office or at home i use Wi-Fi instead of mobile. I never run out of battery before I get home. hope this helps.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
For those interested, I read on a different forum that the code "bat30" will give you a thirty percent discount off any battery. I bought the extended on Friday. I just called vzw and they are crediting me the difference.

rmb#AC

May 10, 2010
Visit site
3500 battery. I now use my phone with out fear.

I second this! I've had my 3500 for a little over a week now and it has never been under 60% charged when I go to bed. Usually 14-16 hours of usage. I can finally use the phone to its potential without having to worry about the battery dying by 6pm. It is a little bulky but that is a trade off I am willing to make.

Don't waste your time with the 1750. I made the mistake of wasting my money on that before I bought the 3500.

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, today was really wierd, I charged all nite, accidently (from 12 -6 a.m.), then powered down this morning, powered back up, charged, to like 97%. I get to my office around 9, received a bunch of emails, a little bit of browsing, and a few short phone calls. It is now 7 o'clock and I am still at 55%. Changes made from yesterday: changed one my POP3 account to every 30 minutes from every 15, changed caleder widget to agenda widget, and shut off droid eye live wallpaper. This is the longest I have made it yet. This phone wasn't new, month old, bought in Crackberry forums.

mudpud

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I second this! I've had my 3500 for a little over a week now and it has never been under 60% charged when I go to bed. Usually 14-16 hours of usage. I can finally use the phone to its potential without having to worry about the battery dying by 6pm. It is a little bulky but that is a trade off I am willing to make.

Don't waste your time with the 1750. I made the mistake of wasting my money on that before I bought the 3500.

I wish - my 3500 doesn't last more than 12 hours...so to be on the safe side, I charge it while at work.

I've done everything - ATK every 30 mins, I don't even do that much browsing. I never charge my phone while off b/c then the alarm won't ring. And I don't like turnign it off. The 3500 sucks ***.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12