Replacement Incredible Question. PLEASE HELP!!!

Areslegacy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I severely cracked the screen of my incredible.

I have insurance.

When I first purchased and set up my Incredible I was speaking with tech support for verizon helping me set up everything. He had me put on backup assistant before anything....little did i realize this week, when i had accidentally erased my contacts (i was NOT saving them to gmail, becuase i thought i did not need to with backup assistant on the phone), that backup assistant is not supported with incredible. even says no incredible support on their website. So now I have lost my contacts, and now I have had enough with my cracked screen and I am buying a new one with insurance.

My main question is, when I get my replacement phone, what exactly will come back once I set up my phone again and sync with my gmail?

Will I lose apps, will I have to re download everything, and will all my widgets be gone?

I use appbrain and my apps are synced on that, I am considering buying backup pro....can anyone shed some light for me???

Kratzer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I severely cracked the screen of my incredible.

I have insurance.

When I first purchased and set up my Incredible I was speaking with tech support for verizon helping me set up everything. He had me put on backup assistant before anything....little did i realize this week, when i had accidentally erased my contacts (i was NOT saving them to gmail, becuase i thought i did not need to with backup assistant on the phone), that backup assistant is not supported with incredible. even says no incredible support on their website. So now I have lost my contacts, and now I have had enough with my cracked screen and I am buying a new one with insurance.

My main question is, when I get my replacement phone, what exactly will come back once I set up my phone again and sync with my gmail?

Will I lose apps, will I have to re download everything, and will all my widgets be gone?

I use appbrain and my apps are synced on that, I am considering buying backup pro....can anyone shed some light for me???

First thing you have to do is come here and post about how your new phone is a refurb and you can "just tell" the screen isn't AMOLED. Then after adequate complaining, you move on.

I really can't help. I use the cloud for my contacts and calendar. Whenever I start up my phone and log into google, its like magic-- everything just appears. In my opinion is a large part of the draw of the google phones. I'd consider using gmail to backup contacts. I know, hindsight 20/20.

Regular market has a download history...my wife used it to restore her apps. If the phone is working at all, you can back up all the apps to the sd card with astro file manager. then after installing astro on the new phone, you can install all the apps back in a few minutes after the sd card is transferred.

Just curious- did insurance drop you? I hear its like one strike and you're out with the insurance vzw uses.

Underworld54

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I had to get a replacement myself and the only thing that was saved were my contacts. Everything else I had to replace. I was bummer but I have everything back now.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you can, try to sync your contacts to Outlook with HTC Sync. There's a copy of it on the Phone memory, or you can download it from HTC.

Sync to Outlook to backup your contacts then all you have to do is sync back with the new phone. AppBrain/Market should have you covered on the apps.

Hope this helps.

Areslegacy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
This is all extremely helpful and answered most of my questions.

@ Kratzer your first paragraph confused me, and I am unsure about the insurance question as I have not gone in to get the replacement yet, I dont know if they will drop me afterwards.

My final question that remains, is, that it is 100% definite that I will need to assemble all my homescreens back to the way they were correct?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
This is all extremely helpful and answered most of my questions.

@ Kratzer your first paragraph confused me, and I am unsure about the insurance question as I have not gone in to get the replacement yet, I dont know if they will drop me afterwards.

My final question that remains, is, that it is 100% definite that I will need to assemble all my homescreens back to the way they were correct?

I believe that's a yes on the homescreens. But once you know how you like them, it should be pretty quick to set up again.

Areslegacy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I just drew all my homescreens on a piece of paper with where everything is set up.

So with appbrain, I should be ok right?...im fine with getting my contacts from gmail, and just going to my apps n putting em all back on the homescreen.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have not had to use it in an emergency, but I've read countless posts about AppBrain working very well. I read enough of them to use it myself in preparation for that sad but inevitable day. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781