Phone Storage

Terry4505

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
So I got a notification this morning stating that I was running low on phone storage. Which I was not.

Soon I got a notification saying I wouldn't be able to receive texts because of low phone storage.

Next, all this morning, everything started force closing. I mean everything. Facebook, Handcent, Dolphin, Gmail, everything.

I did a few resets, to no avail. Went to Verizon and they are sending me a new phone. I did a factory reset this evening, and so far no issues.

Any ideas what is going on here?

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
i had the same problem. i am currently on my 5th Dinc. The current one is brand new. On the 2nd day of having it, when i removed it from the charger in the morning, i had the low phone storage notification (never had it on the other 4). Called VZW, and the only way to resolve the problem was to do a hard reset.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
AFAIK, you can't format internal storage, except by hard Reset. The typical culprit in these issues is HTC mail.

Usual fix is to hard reset then change mail settings minimal download (3 days or less). Or simply use K-9 mail and avoid the whole issue.

FWIW, I haven't heard of any other app or hardware causing this issue. But that doesn't mean its not out there. :)

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
AFAIK, you can't format internal storage, except by hard Reset. The typical culprit in these issues is HTC mail.

Usual fix is to hard reset then change mail settings minimal download (3 days or less). Or simply use K-9 mail and avoid the whole issue.

FWIW, I haven't heard of any other app or hardware causing this issue. But that doesn't mean its not out there. :)

it shows up as a drive when i plug in...i haven't tried, or even searched, just thinking out loud i g uess

Terry4505

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I did the hard reset. Verizon is sending me a certified like new phone, which I am skeptical about. I received my current DInc in May and love it.

I don't use HTC mail, so is there something I should do to keep it from screwing up my phone.

As a side note, while I was in VZW, I played with the Droid X and and Droid 2 and was not impressed with either. The x feels like it was slapped together, all of the physical buttons feel loose and crappy. The droid 2 feels solid, but the screen responsiveness sucked, if that is what 2.2 feels like, I'll pass. It was way worse than my Dinc running 2.1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power