Battery Heat

Phoenix111

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Tonight while using my phone regularly, not charging, my phone temp reached 105 F and stayed there. What could cause this, and what temp do your phones usually have under those conditions (not charging,using regularly) ?

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ive reached that before no problem. never thought anything of it. recently it overheated and it said 120* i wouldnt worry about 105*

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes it gets warm browsing the internet using the cellular radio. Doesnt seem to get as hot using wifi. It kinda sounds like what it's supposed to do.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It will get hot. 105 isn't that hot considering your body temp is 98....My battery has been as high as the 120's and been ok. The battery itself says it can go to 140 and still be considered safe. The battery temp will change depending on the load you have on it, if it's in the sun or charging. Don't worry about it until your phone starts shutting itself off.

cpomike13

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I use battery status pro and it shows battery temp. When I'm below 110, it shows "good health" above 110, it says "overheated". I work outdoors, but near my car. Being in socal it gets hot, so I keep alot of water bottles that I freeze, so as the day goes by, I have a constant supply of cold water. So one day I saw my battery was overheating while charging, so I positioned an ice bottle over the back of the phone, so that no condensation would drop on the plug. Worked great! Dropped the temp. down to the 90s. Thot I would pass it along

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I use battery status pro and it shows battery temp. When I'm below 110, it shows "good health" above 110, it says "overheated". I work outdoors, but near my car. Being in socal it gets hot, so I keep alot of water bottles that I freeze, so as the day goes by, I have a constant supply of cold water. So one day I saw my battery was overheating while charging, so I positioned an ice bottle over the back of the phone, so that no condensation would drop on the plug. Worked great! Dropped the temp. down to the 90s. Thot I would pass it along

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Water with electronic, think I'll pass. I wouldn't go by the health status that an app tells you. 110 isn't what I would consider overheated(it is hot) with an incredible. Like I said you are safe until the 140 range with the battery and I would think twice about taking the hardware up to the 120 range. If the phone isn't shutting down or having any weird things happening like the phone slowing down etc you have nothing to worry about.

Phoenix111

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my ADR6300 using

So yours gets that hot because of outdoor conditions, but mine reaches 100 if I am browsing the internet for more than 10-15 minutes straight. Just wanted to make sure my phone wasn't acting up. As soon as I close the browser, the temp will go down.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine is getting to 118 just from normal use. I played an emulator for a few minutes but stopped and browsed for a few. It shouldn't get that hot right

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
yep and it reboots....new phone and FINALLY new battery on it's way.

Tony your experience need not apply to any discussion in these forums. Your phones are obviously sabotaged by Apple corporation because they want you on the dark side. lol, so what character would you be in the empire?

Cue the music:
Code:
bump bumpa bump bumpa, dummm dunt dumpety dump dump.....

In a galaxy not so far away

was a man named tony

Apple wanted revenge for him buying an android device

and so they made sure he got bad phones

with those bad phone Verizon decided to call in the force

and sent him a new battery to solve the issue he has had

with the 5 replacement phones!

rofl lol.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
good one....
it's 3 replacements on top of the original there bud.

nice formatting!!!!
Imagine if it was a haiku?
Tbag o donuts,
He who hath brought shame on Dinc,
The quest continues....

This is my character:

Dark-Helmet.jpg

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
good one....
it's 3 replacements on top of the original there bud.

nice formatting!!!!
Imagine if it was a haiku?
Tbag o donuts,
He who hath brought shame on Dinc,
The quest continues....

This is my character:

*IMG REMOVED*

lol I love Rick Moranis in that movie....one funny dude. I remember the first time I watched that movie I about fell out into the floor when that character shows up lol. Oh sooo sorry "3" replacement. But if you count your previous phone before the Dinc and the battery it could be 5!!!

jzpaper

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem... i checked all my apps. the apps that had automatic updates on them i turned off. And if i couldnt turn off i lengthened the time of the updates.... it worked . my phone does not get hot anymore

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO