Today is the 18th. WHERE'S MY FROYO!!!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Eh it will still have to go through HTC for the Sense UI stuff, but I hope you're right. But then again it wouldn't hurt my feeling to not get it at all and at the end of the year give me ginger!

nmyeti

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Seems like that would cause a support nightmare from Verizon's perspective. I can't imagine they would sign up to put a heavy tech support load from 3x phones with a big roll-out starting on a Friday.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Seems like that would cause a support nightmare from Verizon's perspective. I can't imagine they would sign up to put a heavy tech support load from 3x phones with a big roll-out starting on a Friday.

Because Froyo's goodness is so strong, it's only rival for coolness is the Three Wolf Shirt! :cool: ;)

I feel like this is the Duke Nukem Forever of updates... It's ready when it's ready.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I doubt it's Verizon that will be pushing this out.. in the past, alot of carriers have used third party companies to push updates.

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
All the rumors seem to connect in one way or another. I bet that we see the update zip by the 7th.

The 7th of what month?

I know that Android =/= BlackBerry, but this is the same type of rumor mill that was swirling around the release of the Tour 2 (which was later retracted and rereleased as a Bold).

With Verizon being the common denominator, HTC can release it today for the Inc. and we still may not see it before Thanksgiving (I really hope I'm wrong).

There do seem to be more Android devs lurking about these forums than there were BB devs on CB, so hopefully early August is at least a realistic ballpark estimate.

For the record, the b.s. surrounding the Tour 2 release/delay/etc. is what made me seriously look into the Android line. And I can't see myself ever looking back.

\/\/\/\/ I knew what you were implying. I was just saying that too many people are obsessed with the hype. I'm looking forward to 2.2 as well. But I'm not banking on any date until it's actually announced. The Storm 1 OS update was quietly pushed out just before the Storm 2 was released.

Last edited:

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
The 7th of what month?

I know that Android =/= BlackBerry, but this is the same type of rumor mill that was swirling around the release of the Tour 2 (which was later retracted and rereleased as a Bold).

With Verizon being the common denominator, HTC can release it today for the Inc. and we still may not see it before Thanksgiving (I really hope I'm wrong).

There do seem to be more Android devs lurking about these forums than there were BB devs on CB, so hopefully early August is at least a realistic ballpark estimate.

For the record, the b.s. surrounding the Tour 2 release/delay/etc. is what made me seriously look into the Android line. And I can't see myself ever looking back.

August 7th.

slickroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I just delivered an LG Ally to a Verizon rep today at his house(I work for Fedex). It's the phone he gets for no cost with Verizon and said the Incredible was the best phone he has dealt with hands down. He was told the froyo update for the Incredible will be out by September.

FD2

Shadow Lurker
Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
I just delivered an LG Ally to a Verizon rep today at his house(I work for Fedex). It's the phone he gets for no cost with Verizon and said the Incredible was the best phone he has dealt with hands down. He was told the froyo update for the Incredible will be out by September.

That rep get no rep points from me. He is more than likely making that up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol