ADW Or Launcher Pro On Incredible????

O.G Incredible

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi everybody im new to this forum and new to android used to be a BlackBerry user . I want to modify my launcher but i dont know which one to choose .. can you guys give me your opinion :confused: i like both but im concerned with all the things that launcher pro needs acces to .... "Read Gmail...SMS MMS...Browser History And Book Marks" etc... anybody else concern? or am i being a Newbie??? :eek: please help... Thanks in Advance

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
LauncherPro needs that access to be able to use notifications in the dock at the bottom. Don't worry it's safe. I personally would choose LauncherPro, its works great on my Evo.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk Pro

finanandroid

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Launcher Pro is the way to go, but i found after a while (a month) that it consume more resources than HTC Sense mean more memory however I didnt find a sustancial battery drain compared to Sense, though am back to Sense bcause run smooth, its designed for the HTC Devices and overall its more polished and elegant as well battery last longer if you know working around the Inc. I dont think its in the market a launcher that beat Sense at least not for Htc Devices. My opinion.

finanandroid

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
About security concerns all Launcher need access to the basic tasks on your phone as Windows OS need acces to launch emails programs, internet, address book and etc etc etc

eazid

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I use launcher pro. Adw is cool and all but launcher pro us the smoothest if the two in my opinion. There are a couple fairs on adw that launcher pto doesn't have but that's life.

launcher pro all the way

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Nothing wrong with ADW, but after trying quite a few launchers/homes, my favorite is LauncherPro. I use it in tandem with Sense, because variety is the spice of life. :)

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I like them both, but prefer LauncherPro because, well....I'm not sure why. Maybe it's time for one of our AC writers to do an updated comparison of the various launchers. They need to include Philblur,Philwhiz, and Sense too!

Steve in CT

O.G Incredible

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
thank you to everyone for your help and respose... i decided to try both i liked launcher pro but i dound it kind of hard to cange and make custom icons even with better cut...can any one help??? i decided to keep ADW because i feel that for a newbie like myself its easier to custom make with diff themes...