Ok well here you go no download this program or you need to hack into that just follow the instructions as follows :

1 Open your stock Messaging App.(I only use the stock one)

2 Press Menu

3 choose Attach

4 choose Video

5 choose Camcorder

6 RECORD

When you go through the Messaging app the Camcorder auto reduces to the lowest setting but will also compress the video allowing you to record MINUTES of video footage and send it. I've done it so I know it works and people have received and viewed the entire video no prob
    Krzr93, bark8015 and Revolutionary like this.
    08-23-2010 10:45 PM
    Thanks, that's a nice trick!

I wonder if any devs out there can come up with a shortcut that launches the camcorder with the appropriate settings for MMS (h.263 at QCIF resolution)? Anybody game to try?
    08-24-2010 12:33 PM
    Insane that you can't "Share" it from the camcorder menu.
    08-24-2010 01:31 PM
    Is it just me, or does the first sentence from the op not make sense?
    08-24-2010 05:44 PM
    Is it just me, or does the first sentence from the op not make sense?
    Yeah i don't wtf he was trying to say in that first sentence.... hahaha
    08-24-2010 08:53 PM
    Yeah i don't wtf he was trying to say in that first sentence.... hahaha
    Here it is with proper punctuation....that should help you understand....

Ok well here you go, no "download this program" or "you need to hack into that", just follow the instructions as follows :
    08-25-2010 03:35 AM
    Thanks, now that's good info to know.
    08-26-2010 06:04 PM
    You are my absolute hero!!! Thank you for this post! I wish that I knew that specific "lowest setting" to just send videos but this is without a doubt a great tip. Sometimes I just record stuff, then try to send it with no luck can't ever seem to adjust the video settings to an acceptable every day level to both capture quality and be able to send them.. this is for sure a plus tho..
    Ok well here you go no download this program or you need to hack into that just follow the instructions as follows :

1 Open your stock Messaging App.(I only use the stock one)

2 Press Menu

3 choose Attach

4 choose Video

5 choose Camcorder

6 RECORD

When you go through the Messaging app the Camcorder auto reduces to the lowest setting but will also compress the video allowing you to record MINUTES of video footage and send it. I've done it so I know it works and people have received and viewed the entire video no prob
    08-26-2010 07:42 PM
    You are my absolute hero!!! Thank you for this post! I wish that I knew that specific "lowest setting" to just send videos but this is without a doubt a great tip. Sometimes I just record stuff, then try to send it with no luck can't ever seem to adjust the video settings to an acceptable every day level to both capture quality and be able to send them.. this is for sure a plus tho..
    Set Encoding Type to H.263 and resolution to QCIF. That's the min standard for cell-to-cell MMS video. It is bottom quality -- there is no "higher quality" that will transmit over MMS (H.263 CIF will transmit, but only 8 seconds or so).

But it's Android! If MMS won't work, that's why there's Gmail!
    08-26-2010 07:53 PM
    i have come across this problem as well. i have the mytouch 4g and i have not been able to send a higher quality video even through email. the mms setting changes the quality of the video so drastically it defeats the purpose of having that as a capabilty doesnt it? and has anyone been able to upload the video to youtube without wifi?
    12-24-2010 11:11 AM
    I've been trying to figure this out for 3 days...thanks!
    12-26-2010 04:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD