Sense force close with joystick use

ccskimmer04

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I've read a few threads about sense force closing but none describe the issue i'm having. Everything is working fine but if i try to switch home screens left or right by using the joystick i get a notification saying sense is force closing. I can avoid the issue by just not using the joystick but at times would prefer to not have to touch the screen.

Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks

I still love my Droid Inc over the any of my 5 storm2's

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Does it matter what screen you start from / move to? Or is it any screen?

If the former, start by removing widgets. If the latter, you'll probably have to master reset. If it persists after a reset, you've probably got bum hardware.

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Did your phone do this before adding any apps? You may have to back up your apps using appbrain (that way you can reload any paid apps) then initiate a hard/factory reset. Or you may prefer to delete your apps one at a time to see if the culprit is an app. Play with it after each deletion to see if problem persists. I agree, if you still have the problem after doing a reset, it would indicate you may have a hardware glitch. You may consider getting a replacement.

Wish I could better assist you but I haven't seen a lot of discussion re; this particular problem. You might try cleaning the track ball with an alcohol damped Q-tip. Ya never know... it might be worth a shot.

Last edited:

ccskimmer04

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I really appreciate your solutions but luckily my phone magically fixed itself. so no more force closing with the joystick.. thanks again and i'll def. keep your thoughts in mind if it happens again.

micar511

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
can't get past HTC sense force close

to even get to settings to factory reset, and can't format internal or sd - can't get passed the force close when it's starting up. can erase everything if mounted even. don't know what buttons pull up or bypass the boot - like when you upgrade you hold down this and that....

i got nothin'

anyone with advice would be greatly appreciated ... i hate vzw stores but this needs immediate attention

otherwise id be on the phone getting a replace already

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Copied from Incredible User Manual pdf;

Performing a factory reset using phone buttons
If you cannot turn on your phone or access the phone settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the buttons on the phone.

1. With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.

2. Wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.

3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER.

4. When asked to confirm, press VOLUME UP.

*Note; This will remove everything that you've added to your phone. Apps, contacts and settings. I believe (not having done a factory reset myself) you will also have to re-set up your phone like you did when you first received it.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan