Need a favor - Re: Upgraded now App isn't in Market

JayBTV

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Upgraded now App isn't in Market (Could someone dl for me?)

Edit:

I guess this is a result of my upgrading the radio (ugh). If there's anyway anyone w/ some phone talents could save the apk and upload Tabular to sendspace/rapidshare/etc I'd be forever grateful. It's is a free app and it's only 100k or something.

Or if there's an easy way to get it from one phone to another (unrooted) let me know - my buddy in Arizona was able to install it on his droid from the market...but I have no idea how to have him send it to me.....

----------------

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can do me a huge favor. I recently upgraded my Droid Incredible with the Radio/720p non-root upgrade. In doing so it wiped all of my apps. It didn't take me long to download almost all of them back but I'm having touble getting one: Tabular

Tabular for Android

It's a guitar tab search tool. The guy just released it a week or so ago and it quickly became one of my favorite apps. Yesterday after upgrading I searched the market and also tried the above link and it's unavailable.

So what I'm wondering is is whether or not it was pulled globally or if it's just not listing in the market because of the new version/upgrade. Would someone please try searching for that app in the market and see if it's listed? And if it is is there any way to save the APK so I could install it manually? Or is that impossible?

I wrote the developer but so far nothing.....

Thanks for anyone who can take a few moments to check on this for me.

-Jay

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It's in the marketplace and AppBrain for me.

I've seen where sometimes after an upgrade/reset it takes market a bit to refresh. I'd give it a day or so and see if it comes back.

Last edited:

JayBTV

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Damn....is there anyway for someone who does see it to save it and upload it to sendspace or something?

Seriously love that app.....if I'd known it was a trade off of 720p early or keeping that and waiting for Verizon I might have waited....

Well thanks for checking and if there is a way to save it please let me know. I could ask a friend maybe - I just don't know how to do it....

-Jay

JayBTV

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I'd never used AppBrain before but gave it a shot. I can see it listed there and it goes to my queue on the phone but when I try to install it says:

"The Requested Item could not be found."

Ugh...

JayBTV

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I guess this is a result of my upgrading the radio (ugh). If there's anyway anyone w/ some phone talents could save the apk and upload Tabular to sendspace/rapidshare/etc I'd be forever grateful. It's is a free app and it's only 100k or something.

Or if there's an easy way to get it from one phone to another (unrooted) let me know - my buddy in Arizona was able to install it on his droid from the market...but I have no idea how to have him send it to me.....

JayBTV

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Did you try any of these downloading methods?

Download Tabular for Android

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! I had tried the first two and just gave the last one (the e-mail direct link) a go and no luck. Each one points me to the market which comes back with "There are no matches in Android Market for the search: pname: com.tabular.app".

It's obviously not letting me access it due to my version which is BS. The developer (who I did e-mail but haven't heard back from) probably has a flag set that's not letting it show up.

So I guess my question now is is there anyway for my buddy who was able to download it on his original Droid to "rip it" to apk or send it to me somehow? I'm just got this phone 3 weeks ago so I'm not really familiar with how it saves apps etc.....

Thanks for any info...

-Jay

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site

I have the 2.15 radio and I can see it in the Market and install it as well.

JayBTV

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the 2.15 radio and I can see it in the Market and install it as well.

Hmm...I have the 2.05.00.06.11 baseband....maybe I need to find the one you have. I didn't want to go all the way to Froyo (re: rooting) - just wanted 720p for an event (concert) I have coming up next week.....

Do you have ASTRO installed? If so can you try backing it up to SD card? (Menu/Tools/App Manager - it should then make an APK in Data/Apps on the SD card). My buddy is going to try that for me later (he's working). I'm a little skeptical that's going to work since one site had it listed as "copy-protected" - not sure exactly what that means or why it would be being free and all but perhaps that's just a flag that the developer didn't change....

Thanks for the info though....

-Jay

JayBTV

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok nevermind - I just went all the way to Froyo and it works now.

I read up on it and I couldn't downgrade the radio so think I had to go forward w/ the root and Froyo install....