Can't find setting for Search button

MushroomStamp

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I used to be able to hit my search button (little magnifying glass in lower right) and talk and it would search for things. Now when I hit the button or even hold it down, it does nothing. Gives a slight tactile vibration but nothing happens. I have searched and searched but can't find the setting that controls what that button does. Where is the setting for this button?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine has always just opened Google Search. Try downloading and installing Google Search, I think in market it's merely called 'search', install it and it should fix your issue. AFAIK there is no way to set what the button does.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I wish there was a way to change what opens with each of the buttons. I would love to have the voice search open when you hit the search button.

MushroomStamp

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I've always had it where I press it once it went to Google Search and when I hold it, voice search pops up.. I dunno..

Anyway.. it's working again :) Don't know why it stopped, I had to reboot it like 3 or 4 times before it started working.. but it's all a-ok now :)

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've always had it where I press it once it went to Google Search and when I hold it, voice search pops up.. I dunno..

Anyway.. it's working again :) Don't know why it stopped, I had to reboot it like 3 or 4 times before it started working.. but it's all a-ok now :)

That's the way mine works too. Long press on search brings up voice search, but it does not do things like Call or Dial. Navigate and Search work.

Glad yours is working again.