Connect to PC Help

coco savage

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I hesitate to make this thread, but I tried searching and didn't have much luck....if someone can direct me to a thread with a solution ill be thankful, and also apologize for making an extra thread.

When i connect my phone via usb all it does it charge. I have it set to disk drive, but nothing happens......i cant seem to find a solution.

:(

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
There is a helpful thread on USB problems in the accessories forum (first page, you'll find it). I won't regurgitate it all here, but you probably have a bad or incompatible cable.

Riot88

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Go to the pull notifications tab from the top and then change the usb setting from charge only to usb port and then you can access your files phone. First time I wanted to upload a song I was quite frustrated as well.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
If this is in reference to the RUU update. What OS are you usng? Quite a few people had problems using Window 7 while others haven't. Try using an XP machine.

In general make sure you have the most current drivers by re-downloading and installing HTC Sync.

coco savage

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
There is a helpful thread on USB problems in the accessories forum (first page, you'll find it). I won't regurgitate it all here, but you probably have a bad or incompatible cable.
I appreciate the time it took you to write you reply and let me know about such a thread, but would it be possible to post the link also?
Go to the pull notifications tab from the top and then change the usb setting from charge only to usb port and then you can access your files phone. First time I wanted to upload a song I was quite frustrated as well.
The problem is there is NO notification! :(
If this is in reference to the RUU update. What OS are you usng? Quite a few people had problems using Window 7 while others haven't. Try using an XP machine.

In general make sure you have the most current drivers by re-downloading and installing HTC Sync.

Hmm this is the first time i have heard this advice.

Fyi Im using an XP pc.....and i have not updated the phone since getting wednesday

coco savage

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Menu>settings>connect to pc. Make sure you have it set for disk drive. See if that helps.
well i guess i cant blame you, since you are trying to help. but if i hear this one more time! lol............yes i already know this but thanks anyway. FYI it doesnt work
I had to install the drivers from the cd that came with my phone in order for my pc to recognize my phone

Hmmm....first time i have heard this. Ok ill try it. You talking about the HTC sync drivers? or something else?

I already have the HTC sync drivers installed

ballbusta

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The drivers that are on the cd that came with the phone. There is writing on te cd that states to " install USB driver on this disc before connecting your Verizon Wireless phone to your computer"

Last edited:

Krzr93

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the time it took you to write you reply and let me know about such a thread, but would it be possible to post the link also?

The problem is there is NO notification! :(

Hmm this is the first time i have heard this advice.

Fyi Im using an XP pc.....and i have not updated the phone since getting wednesday

No notification? This actually happens to me once in awhile and I never have found a fix because it happens with all usb devices sometimes. I think it has to do with usb drivers and them not communicating right. I fixed this last night by just turning off computer and trying it back on. Not a reset though. Also make sure usb debugging is off because it did it to me when it was on

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I had similar problem with my BB Storm...#2, quickly had #3 on its way. I would say your phone has a problem and you need to replace it. Sorry....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699