Froyo RUU News, Reviews, Findings, Q&A.

bleedblu237

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE!

I installed this 2.2 update and I its acking a little funny my phone seems to be slower a tad. I just wanna go back to 2.1 . I did a factory reset on the phone and it came back to 2.2, How do I get it back to 2.1??????

Please help

KenB

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
It should be on your phone memory when you plug your Dinc into your PC. There is an installer .exe located not on the SD card but in the internal phone memory. It will show up is Drive G: H: etc...

Thank you, didn't know that was there. It's working

I tried it on 2 different computers and it just shoots over to a support page. Did a google search and someone else was having the same issue trying to download something from HTC for an Eris.

randytho

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have installed this. I'm testing, but it seems to be pretty quick. 39.989 Linpack score. It seems like the real-deal Flash 10.1. I went to CANABALT Flash to play the Flash game there. It works well (though jumping takes an extra second to register), much better than it did on 2.1. Disabling mobile pages in the browser lets you watch full YouTube in the browser without launching the application. THIS IS SICK!

BTW, I also made sure I had S-Off enabled through Unrevoked Forever (before loading the RUU), and followed these instructions to reenable root:

How to get Clockwork recovery, busybox, & root on 8/26 leaked RUU 3.21.605.1 - xda-developers

I got a newer SuperUser program installed which looks cool:
new_superuser.jpg

I have made one call which seemed OK. I'll have to play around for a few days to decide whether I made the right decision ;).

Any other screenshot requests?

*edit: Ah, it comes with the Android News Genie widget! The HTC news widget is pretty cool, but it scrolls really fast and doesn't aggregate stories like Genie.

* edit 2: I was able to get rid of CityID, VZNavigator, and HTC Footprints using the same methods as before with root. I plugged the phone into my computer, booted it into ClockworkMod Recovery, mounted /system, then ran these commands from the command prompt:

This basically makes a new folder under system called app.disabled, and copies the programs in there (doesn't delete them, for safekeeping).
thank you thank you thank you...was looking all OVER for a way to get my root back with S-off!!! You guys rock! ;)

bleedblu237

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
S-off your phone.
Get the stock 2.1 PB31IMG file.
Place it on the root of your SD card.
Reboot into hboot.
Install it when it asks you if you want to .
Reboot the phone.

Now you are back to 2.1 stock non-rooted.

Ok i did all that but the hboot does not see the file on my sd card. What am I doing wrong. I put it in the root of the sd card. Does the card need to be in fat 32 in order for it to work?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
thank you thank you thank you...was looking all OVER for a way to get my root back with S-off!!! You guys rock! ;)

I try but some people say I'm too abrasive or try to get them locked out or screw up their phone or whatever. I'm here to help not cause issue!!! Glad you found it useful and hopefully more people find it too!

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Also getting usb errors on the RUU install when it tries to verify the information on my android phone, ends up saying phone not connected and makes me exit. The update process started initially one time but then windows asked me to restart to apply updates.

Win7 32B
HTC sync installed

any suggestions?

I'm wondering if running HTC Sync or the RUU File in compatibility mode in Win7 might work.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
There already has been. I made a post in the hack/roms forum about the already rooted version. And when you click on that link they have links to the stock non-rooted update!

What's available from that xda thread is not the update.zip for this OTA (unless I'm missing it, and if I am please correct me, but I've been watching xda all day with no joy yet). They have the stock ROM from the RUU, not the actual update file being pushed OTA. If someone pulls the update.zip and makes it available, we can all dive in by simply putting it on the SD card and booting into recovery, and its just as if we got the OTA, well, over the air (ie, no root or wipe required). Best way to kickstart the party for the rest of us.

Arcticwolf1

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey there, I didn't see this question answered anywhere (and forgive me if I missed it) but does this update install the new boot screen & droid sound?

I was going to jump on this but am cautious not to fall into that same predicament as the Evo folks were

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
What's available from that xda thread is not the update.zip for this OTA (unless I'm missing it, and if I am please correct me, but I've been watching xda all day with no joy yet). They have the stock ROM from the RUU, not the actual update file being pushed OTA. If someone pulls the update.zip and makes it available, we can all dive in by simply putting it on the SD card and booting into recovery, and its just as if we got the OTA, well, over the air (ie, no root or wipe required). Best way to kickstart the party for the rest of us.

The ROM striped out of the RUU is the OTA. RUU's are produced so that technicians can place the phone back into a like new state when troubleshooting or fixing a phone for a customer or for replacement. RUU's supposedly aren't put together out of non-final versions. Results may vary but I've never gotten an RUU that wasn't an official version.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
The ROM striped out of the RUU is the OTA. RUU's are produced so that technicians can place the phone back into a like new state when troubleshooting or fixing a phone for a customer or for replacement. RUU's supposedly aren't put together out of non-final versions. Results may vary but I've never gotten an RUU that wasn't an official version.

EDIT: I just saw your posts to the OTA thread -- thanks for helping out! I know you get it, we just mis-com'd. ;)

It's not that it isn't final or that they don't match. It's just that the RUU requires you to wipe the phone, or flashing the ROM from the RUU requires you to be rooted. The actual file pushed out over the air (as opposed to the desktop-based RUU) does not require a wipe or root, it just flashes the ROM. If someone who has the update can locate and post that file, the rest of us can install it without root, without wipe, and without having to wipe for the OTA to get to us.

Now, someone could probably cook up an update.zip from the ROM that is in the RUU. But that someone ain't me, and that also has not been done yet.

Last edited:

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
EDIT: I just saw your posts to the OTA thread -- thanks for helping out! I know you get it, we just mis-com'd. ;)

It's not that it isn't final or that they don't match. It's just that the RUU requires you to wipe the phone, or flashing the ROM from the RUU requires you to be rooted. The actual file pushed out over the air (as opposed to the desktop-based RUU) does not require a wipe or root, it just flashes the ROM. If someone who has the update can locate and post that file, the rest of us can install it without root, without wipe, and without having to wipe for the OTA to get to us.

Now, someone could probably cook up an update.zip from the ROM that is in the RUU. But that someone ain't me, and that also has not been done yet.

COME ON REV! I'm trying to work with you not against you lol. Yeah pretty much everything over on XDA requires root. So I'm helping the root users here and anyone who potentially wants root. The OTA does wipe your phone but only the cache and not the data. However with it you wouldn't need root and is the only way to do it on a non-rooted phone.

I've got my ear to the ground and searching. The update.zip will show up sooner or later.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, context is key -- this is the RUU thread, after all. ;) Just can't contain my frustration that nobody who has received the OTA has figured out how to pull that darned file, yet...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, context is key -- this is the RUU thread, after all. ;) Just can't contain my frustration that nobody who has received the OTA has figured out how to pull that darned file, yet...

Well you have to remember that about 90% or more of this site isn't rooters, modders, devs, or people who even want to mess with it. I figure it will pop up on XDA within hours.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech