Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    SkyRaider 3.5

Default RUU to OTA?

Has anyone found out if the RUU will break future otas? This is the only question keeping me from doing it right now. I actually have it downloaded, just waiting for some kind of news one way or the other.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    ROM
    IncROM 1.0 Beta 3

Same here, I remember when the EVO RUU came out some people got hosed for a bit.
    BBKiks, a Proud UTE fan.
    IncREDible

Unrevoked 3
    IncROM Beta 3
    :rolleyes:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    SkyRaider 3.5

That's exactly what I want to avoid. Especially sense we have no way of knowing whether Verizon will be as nice as Sprint.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    ROM
    Shiny

You've waited this long what's another couple days to make sure you get the right one?

Global Posts
    7,277 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Default Re: RUU to OTA?

Yeah I got it downloaded but waiting on the OTA too.Its only a few more days now anyhoo lol

Sent using Tapatalk

lol you guys are worried about breaking future otas from verizon? thats comical. at the rate they release new otas, you'll be onto your next phone by the time you have to worry about it...
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

twitter.com/indianajonze
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
    lol you guys are worried about breaking future otas from verizon? thats comical. at the rate they release new otas, you'll be onto your next phone by the time you have to worry about it...
    Now, that's food for thought.
    Pronounced "woon."

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Has anyone figured out how to go to the OTA from the RUU? Call it OCD but I desperately want to do this. Plus I'm having a few problems in 2.2 and people have recommended reset'ing my Dinc. Do I have to go back to 2.1 then do the update.zip? Please advise!
    HTC Incredible user since 4/29/10

1. The RUU and the OTA provide identical builds/baseband version/software numbers. The problem that EVO owners had was that the RUU that leaked differed from the final build that was pushed OTA, and there was no direct upgrade path.

2. You cannot go from the RUU to the OTA because they are exactly the same. Did you try a wipe (from recovery, not from settings)?

For what it's worth, I updated my phone with the RUU and then when the update.zip came out I updated my phone with that, the two are the same but my phone went through the usual motions of updating the phone when I applied the update.zip

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary View Post
    1. The RUU and the OTA provide identical builds/baseband version/software numbers. The problem that EVO owners had was that the RUU that leaked differed from the final build that was pushed OTA, and there was no direct upgrade path.

2. You cannot go from the RUU to the OTA because they are exactly the same. Did you try a wipe (from recovery, not from settings)?
    How would I go about a wipe from 'recovery' as opposed to settings?

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

bump, any info on what exactly the difference in a reset via 'recovery' vs from settings is? and how would I reset from recovery?

Quote Originally Posted by hcole623 View Post
    bump, any info on what exactly the difference in a reset via 'recovery' vs from settings is? and how would I reset from recovery?
    Sorry, I got busy this week and forgot about responding to you.

1. Turn off the phone.
    2. Holding down the "volume down" button, touch the power button (keep holding down the volume button until the phone boots)
    3. The phone should boot to Hboot. Use the volume down to select "recovery," then press the power button to select.
    4. When you get the screen with a big red exclamation point, press "power" and "volume up" buttons at the same time.
    5. From the menu, scroll down to "wipe data/factory reset".

You'll lose all apps, all settings and data, and will have to reactivate. Basically back to factory fresh (assuming your phone came with 2.2). Good luck.