- 08-27-2010, 01:46 PM #2
- 08-27-2010, 03:19 PM #4
- 08-27-2010, 04:45 PM #5
- 08-27-2010, 08:16 PM #6
lol you guys are worried about breaking future otas from verizon? thats comical. at the rate they release new otas, you'll be onto your next phone by the time you have to worry about it...Nexus 5!
The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...
- 08-27-2010, 09:07 PM #7
- 09-02-2010, 08:39 AM #8
Has anyone figured out how to go to the OTA from the RUU? Call it OCD but I desperately want to do this. Plus I'm having a few problems in 2.2 and people have recommended reset'ing my Dinc. Do I have to go back to 2.1 then do the update.zip? Please advise!HTC Incredible user since 4/29/10
- 09-02-2010, 09:10 AM #9
1. The RUU and the OTA provide identical builds/baseband version/software numbers. The problem that EVO owners had was that the RUU that leaked differed from the final build that was pushed OTA, and there was no direct upgrade path.
2. You cannot go from the RUU to the OTA because they are exactly the same. Did you try a wipe (from recovery, not from settings)?
- 09-02-2010, 09:46 AM #10
- 09-02-2010, 10:03 AM #11
- 09-02-2010, 04:45 PM #12
- 09-06-2010, 03:12 PM #13
1. Turn off the phone.
2. Holding down the "volume down" button, touch the power button (keep holding down the volume button until the phone boots)
3. The phone should boot to Hboot. Use the volume down to select "recovery," then press the power button to select.
4. When you get the screen with a big red exclamation point, press "power" and "volume up" buttons at the same time.
5. From the menu, scroll down to "wipe data/factory reset".
You'll lose all apps, all settings and data, and will have to reactivate. Basically back to factory fresh (assuming your phone came with 2.2). Good luck.