Droid X vs. dInc

briang00

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
OK dont beat me senseless. I am a BB Storm 1/2 user and have enjoyed it but we all know the pains it had. Got my wife and son a Droid X (hasnt shipped yet) and I am torn between the X and the dInc. Besides the bigger screen on the X, what are/could be the pros and cons between the two. My friend has a dInc and loves it. I know of the short battery life with it. Doe the extra memory on the X make that much better, as a dInc user, do you wish you had more memory?, etc....
I know the Samsung Fascinate is coming, as is an HTC Evo type phone. I am eligible now for an upgrade but am in no hurry. Definitely making the leap to Android though. Just looking for some user input and comparison between the two. Like the extra memory of the X but not sure I want a phone that big. Help me out people, just looking for some input.

Soon to be a Storm2 to Android user.....

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey...

I haven't rechecked the specs, but I thought the X and Dinc has the same memory? Or do you mean the included card is larger? You can always get a bigger one, I've found the 8GB that came with my Storm plenty large, but I don't store music.

I like my Dinc, have no complaints or plans to upgraded it to any of the new phones coming out. That said, if I was sitting on an upgrade I would probably jump on the Fascinate bandwagon. That phone rocks!

Steve in CT

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I went from Storm 1 -> Storm 2 -> Droid Incredible. I've been had it for about two weeks now. I absolutely love the phone.

I played with the X in the stores. Too big for me. Also, I'm of the opinion that the Incredible is a very underrated phone. HTC Sense blows MotoBlur out of the water, and if rooting is your thing, I don't know what the ROM situation is for the X but we have a wealth of very talented ROM cookers for the Incredible.

evosaurusrex

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey...

I haven't rechecked the specs, but I thought the X and Dinc has the same memory? Or do you mean the included card is larger? You can always get a bigger one, I've found the 8GB that came with my Storm plenty large, but I don't store music.

I like my Dinc, have no complaints or plans to upgraded it to any of the new phones coming out. That said, if I was sitting on an upgrade I would probably jump on the Fascinate bandwagon. That phone rocks!

Steve in CT

You can't store apps on the Incredible's 8gb internal memory. On the X, you can store all apps on the 8gb internal memory. Pretty stupid of htc to put 8gb of memory on the Incredible only for it to not get used up by apps.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
You can't store apps on the Incredible's 8gb internal memory. On the X, you can store all apps on the 8gb internal memory. Pretty stupid of htc to put 8gb of memory on the Incredible only for it to not get used up by apps.

That's a Froyo thing not a manufacturer thing. The Froyo update includes apps2SD.........

Not to mention do you realize how many apps you have to have to have a need for more than the ~750mb free on the internal storage?? I have 565MB free on my internal storage and have a good bit of apps. Either way doesn't matter Froyo enables you to move things from the internal to storage and back....hence I have Google earth etc on my internal now.

evosaurusrex

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
That's a Froyo thing not a manufacturer thing. The Froyo update includes apps2SD.........

Not to mention do you realize how many apps you have to have to have a need for more than the ~750mb free on the internal storage?? I have 565MB free on my internal storage and have a good bit of apps. Either way doesn't matter Froyo enables you to move things from the internal to storage and back....hence I have Google earth etc on my internal now.

But you can't use the 8gb for apps though. 750mb for apps seems like a decent amount but compared to the Droid 2, Droid X, Galaxy S phones and iPhones, its not enough.

And not all apps support apps2sd though.

A friend of mine has the Incredible and I have the Evo and we always mess around with our phones. Not even my Evo has 1gb for apps.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got to own both for 3 days.

Droid X is much better imo. I love the speed of that phone.

I have both phones and still do lol, had both phones now incredible for 2 months dx for a month , browser speedwise they are not enough difference to call on. So pretty equal there.
Some different features on the 2 phones , some good some bad kinda equals themselves out IMO . ;)

I use them both I wouldnt get rid of my incredible for the dx, not planing on getting rid of the dx either, but the main difference in the 2 phones for me is , dx has bigger screeen and hard buttons on the bottom, incredible has AMOLED screen and the soft buttons. I like them both in their own ways :)

evosaurusrex

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I have both phones and still do lol, had both phones now incredible for 2 months dx for a month , browser speedwise they are not enough difference to call on. So pretty equal there.
Some different features on the 2 phones , some good some bad kinda equals themselves out IMO . ;)

I use them both I wouldnt get rid of my incredible for the dx, not planing on getting rid of the dx either, but the main difference in the 2 phones for me is , dx has bigger screeen and hard buttons on the bottom, incredible has AMOLED screen and the soft buttons. I like them both in their own ways :)

Cool

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
App storage space should not be a concern for 99% of even enthusiasts. I have about 120 apps from appbrain installed and have only used about 25% of the available storage, and I'm not using app2sd right now. That probably should not be part of your consideration.

Battery life is an issue. I use mine for listening to music while at work, which means it doesn't get to sleep all that often during the day. Pre-froyo, I got about 5 hours of use like that. My leaked froyo did NOT drastically improve battery life. We'll see what the official one does. I ended up getting the 2150 extended battery from Verizon because I sometimes got out running for a few hours using GPS and don't want any battery issues. I can go about 18 hours with solid use (or 10 to 11 hours of heavy use) now before it shuts down.

My Incredible is very fast, so I have no lag complaints there (I didn't have any pre-froyo either).

If you want the bigger screen and different UI go for the X. If you think the Incredible is more pocket friendly and like what Sense has to offer, get the Incredible. You really can't go wrong. Try them both out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome