1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cracked Screen and LCD - No Froyo - Options?

So I have been patiently waiting for the Froyo update only to ruin my screen today.

I dropped the phone. The glass and LCD need repair. I do not have the insurance. The phone does still work. I could originally see about 25% of the screen and did make a phone call.

I am waiting to contact the HTC repair center on Monday. Does HTC repair these things? Is their a reputable service to send the phone in to?

I see there are some parts available. Would I just need a digitizer and LCD to repair this?

Thanks guys. Sad day for me....

im sorry to hear that. What happen? Did you not have a case or screen protector on it?
    XXI

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by user313 View Post
    So I have been patiently waiting for the Froyo update only to ruin my screen today.

I dropped the phone. The glass and LCD need repair. I do not have the insurance. The phone does still work. I could originally see about 25% of the screen and did make a phone call.

I am waiting to contact the HTC repair center on Monday. Does HTC repair these things? Is their a reputable service to send the phone in to?

I see there are some parts available. Would I just need a digitizer and LCD to repair this?

Thanks guys. Sad day for me....
    The HTC Verizon Droid Incredible Digitizer Is A Large Screen. It Is Factory Adhered Together With The Glass Lens As A Unit By Professional Equipment. Therefore, If The Touch Screen Is Damaged And Needs Replacement, The Unit Must Be Replaced.
    XXI

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Try this:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well it fell off a table 30 inches high on to the floor. I'd expect maybe some light damage but I wouldn't expect the glass to shatter and the lcd to be destroyed.

I didn't have a case on it. It looks like the phone must have landed on a corner and the LCD underneath must come right to the edge.

Is the digitizer and the LCD the only required parts?

I saw this video which is helpful. It looks like they sell the digitizer ($70) and LCD ($120).

Does anyone know if HTC offers a direct repair service and how much it might cost?

ROM
    Carbonite Fusion

Check your local area, there may be a repair shop near you. My friend dropped his iPhone and was able to get the screen replaced for like $80. I'm sure it's more for the incredible's screen but it's an idea.
    If you like what you see, hit the thanks button!

insurance claim?

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson481 View Post
    insurance claim?
    Your answer to that is in his post... I cringed when I read this line...

Quote Originally Posted by user313 View Post
    I do not have the insurance.
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible

Circle Me on Google+

Twitter: @CRKhead
    PSN: CRKhead

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

The digitizer it was is considered the "touch glass" part. The LCD is the underlying parts. So yes the cracked part, as long as it doesn't go all the way down, is all you need. You should do a writeup when you do it too!!
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!