Need some input and guidance

mcpcola

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok I have an HTC incredible I got messed up doing the froyo Dl and want to go back. I started by rooting the phone with Unrevoked3 but could not figure out the unrevoked forever. I then made a backup using the clockwork function. I then installed the RUU Froyo update from my pc. Now the phone works but its no longer rooted and I can not get unrevoked3 to run again on it nor can I get the ABD Shell to see the phone. What can I do to go back to starting point or to root the phone again.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, that's why they said to run revoked forever BEFORE applying the RUU. I don't think they've rooted the latest version yet, so I think you're SOL for now.

mcpcola

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Basically I just want to be able to do the wifi tethering which I had working on he 2.1 rooted now that does not work which I guess i can live without for now.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
You can also use the DUN modification to use the 3G hotspot for free.

1. Dial ##778
2. Go into edit mode
3. The password is 000000
4. Once in go to M.IP Default Profile and edit DUN NAI from yournumber@dun.vzw3g.com to yournumber@vzw3g.com.
5. Then hit menu and press commit modifications.
6. It should then reboot.
7. Free 3g hotspot app

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, that's why they said to run revoked forever BEFORE applying the RUU. I don't think they've rooted the latest version yet, so I think you're SOL for now.

Yeah you are SOL. If you have s-off I could give you links to a file that would allow you to gain recovery mode and clockwork again. You would have root etc etc, but you have to have s-off. Give them some time and they will hopefully root 2.2 but it may take awhile.

Basically I just want to be able to do the wifi tethering which I had working on he 2.1 rooted now that does not work which I guess i can live without for now.

I would suggest trying the DUN mode above. It works or used to work not sure if it still does and gives you the same functionality. And while not exactly the same, you could use your usb or bluetooth capabilities and use pdanet wired or unwired for internet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci