sd card keeps unexpectedly unmounting

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
is anyone else having problems with there sd card. mine randomly keeps unmounting its self. i have to keep removing and inserting it at least once a day. i wonder if i should reformat it

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
That did happen to me a week or 2 ago and had to remount it a few times. I thought my card was going bad but the problem just stop happening.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Had the same thing happen for about 2 days straight, but it's now been 2 days since that happened... A phone reboot took care of it... Odd...

doc 7

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes , iv' e had the same problem I rebooted just 2 hrs ago on avg 1 x week over the last month I callefd vz support and was told SD card not part of phone and either reformat or buy new card and since my card is from my Droid 1 which was exchanged for the inc I have a 16 gb card so I don't really want to spend 99.00 for equal gb so .....I just reboot when I notice it dropped the sc card .....kinda bites but eh .....

tangomonky

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Ive had that happen.

Even weirder was what happend to me last night. I took the SD card out of my phone and tried to put it back in. Apparently the spring contraption was locked down or something (I do know how to take them in and out), and the SD card just slid right into the belly of the phone.

Now I have an 8gb sd card just chilling in my phone with no way to get it out, and because verizon reps cant open the phone, they are pretty much worthless.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae