Root of SD Card?

logan78511

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
All this is referring to is dragging the file to the SD card and not dragging it into a folder you have created onto the SD card. Say you open up your SD card on your computer, drag the file right there. Don't go into any other folder.

It sounds like you're trying to install 2.2. This is an easy process once you understand a little.

My simple instructions are on this page. Along with the link that's in this thread with the file. I tried to make the instructions as simple as possible because some of the others just assumed people knew what some of these terms meant. Like you are asking, the root of the SD card.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/31738-ota-link-5.html

Bmwillz

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
All this is referring to is dragging the file to the SD card and not dragging it into a folder you have created onto the SD card. Say you open up your SD card on your computer, drag the file right there. Don't go into any other folder.

It sounds like you're trying to install 2.2. This is an easy process once you understand a little.

My simple instructions are on this page. Along with the link that's in this thread with the file. I tried to make the instructions as simple as possible because some of the others just assumed people knew what some of these terms meant. Like you are asking, the root of the SD card.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/droid-incredible/31738-ota-link-5.html

Can you move to root on phone alone. I just tried. I selected the file after renaming and long hold over it and selected move. Them I didn't pick a folder and selected move here. Now its under sd bit no folder. It did rename its self to update.zip.zip

I just long hold and renamed again.* did this to rename it the first time

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you are trying to flash something from recovery, it needs to be on the SD card and not the phones internal memory. What is it you are trying to flash? That might help troubleshoot.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
When I said move to root on phone alone I meant move to root of sd on phone without computer hook up

Sorry I misunderstood. Yes, you can move files to the root of the SD card with almost any file manager on the market. For most updates that flash in HBOOT, like update.zip or PB31IMG.zip the SD card needs to be formatted as FAT32 not FAT or FAT16. You will need to put the SD card into a PC or connect to a PC and Right click on the SD Card to see the Properties to determine of its FAT32 or not. Also the .zip.zip will not work. This is a common problem. Just rename to update.zip.

NOTE: If you are trying to downgrade or revert to stock using updtate.zip, DON'T. That is an old procedure used before the SLCD screens came out. If you use the update.zip downgrade method on an SLCD device it will mess up the video drivers and you may or may not be able to recover.

If you are trying to downgrade or revert to stock, please use the method outlined here.
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...oot-rom-your-droid-incredible.html#post552461

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49