Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default OTA update now browser doesn't work.

    Got the OTA this morning. The install went smoothly and everything seems to work except the browser. Any time I go to a page that has flash on it the browser closes down. Even androidcentral.com!!!

    I should mention that I did download the flash 10.1 apk a while back and I didn't uninstall it before the update.

    has anyone run into this problem? Thanks.
  2. #2  
    mclarryjr's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,744 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

    Default

    Have you tried to restart your phone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    Have you tried to restart your phone?
    I've restarted a few times. I've pulled the battery and tried to uninstall the original flash apk... didn't work.
  4. #4  

    Default

    2.2 absolutely destroyed my browser experience. Just like the updates on the moto droid when I had it, this update literally made my browser come to a crawl now when browsing. Scrolling speeds up an down the page are at a snails pace and choppier then choppy. Pinch to zoom is terrible and sloooow. Prior to this update, my browser experience was awesome..

    I wish we could NOT install these updates because it seems with every update, my devices slow down when their supposed to be quicker. Im really really dissapointed and I mean REALLY dissapointed. Have I said really? Really

    Oh, and have I mentioned how much it crashes now too? Yeah, awesome update
    Last edited by bart151; 08-31-2010 at 10:39 AM.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Yes I'm having browser problems myself. Laggy typing, choppy scrolling, and page freeze if I rotate to landscape while typing a post. Also the auto fit to screen when zoom in is sporadic.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bart151 View Post
    2.2 absolutely destroyed my browser experience. Just like the updates on the moto droid when I had it, this update literally made my browser come to a crawl now when browsing. Scrolling speeds up an down the page are at a snails pace and choppier then choppy. Pinch to zoom is terrible and sloooow. Prior to this update, my browser experience was awesome..

    I wish we could NOT install these updates because it seems with every update, my devices slow down when their supposed to be quicker. Im really really dissapointed and I mean REALLY dissapointed. Have I said really? Really

    Oh, and have I mentioned how much it crashes now too? Yeah, awesome update
    Then don't install it. There's nothing making you install it. What is your problem?
  7. #7  

    Default

    Turn off plugins, see if that helps. You're probably hitting pages with more flash than you realize. Flash definitely works, but it slows down a lot of pages where it is superfluous (i.e., just ads).
  8. #8  

    Default

    Sorry to hear that. I got he 2.2 OTA this morning... Everything is immaculate. Browser scrolling and render haven't taken a hit. Everything is perfect.
    "Who Dares Wins"
    HTC Incredible... Since 30 April 2010
  9. #9  

    Default

    Yeah on the stock browser I can't go on androicentral.com but on dolphin I can.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noven View Post
    Then don't install it. There's nothing making you install it. What is your problem?
    What's my problem? These updates that people get all hyped up over have been nothing but **** for me. I don't see the excitement. Whether I install it manually or wait for the OTA, I'm going to get it either way so your comment on uninstalling it is irrelevant.

    The updates on my moto Droid screwed my **** up and now this hyped up froyo updates screwed up my DInc. That's my problem. No need to be rude because I'm having issues with the update.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary View Post
    Turn off plugins, see if that helps. You're probably hitting pages with more flash than you realize. Flash definitely works, but it slows down a lot of pages where it is superfluous (i.e., just ads).
    this worked a little. but I don't want to have to turn off plugins. I want my browser to work the way its supposed to. thanks for the tip though.

    I dont' want to have to hard reset but I'm not sure if there's any other option...
  12. #12  
    draken's Avatar

    Posts
    284 Posts
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

    Default

    Change the plugins to "On Demand". That way you can click on the flash elements that you want to load (video, games, etc.) and forgo the ones you don't (flash based ads). No loss of functionality and your fast browsing experience will remain the same.
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by draken View Post
    Change the plugins to "On Demand". That way you can click on the flash elements that you want to load (video, games, etc.) and forgo the ones you don't (flash based ads). No loss of functionality and your fast browsing experience will remain the same.
    tried that too. if I click on something with flash browser dies. I think I'm just going to reset. Thanks for your help.
  14. #14  
    davidnc's Avatar

    Posts
    6,440 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

    Default

    I thought I had a browser problem at first but it was just the setting in wireless and network "mobile network" was ticked OFF after phone rebooted ,no wifi here .Ticking it back on fixed it.
  15. #15  
    doc 7's Avatar

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

    Default

    hmmm,with all the various issues i'm seeing on the web with regards to the ota of 2.2 i guess i'm glad they skipped me in the update
  16. #16  
    VZWBB's Avatar

    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

    Default

    I dunno, I downloaded and installed it today and am have no issues with flash or the browser, faster and before and flash works. At least I think flash works. If anyone has a page that is a good test for flash, I would like to try it.
    htc - Incredible
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tpc View Post
    I dunno, I downloaded and installed it today and am have no issues with flash or the browser, faster and before and flash works. At least I think flash works. If anyone has a page that is a good test for flash, I would like to try it.
    Ditto. Mine's working flawlessly. Flash is good.
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bart151 View Post
    ...Whether I install it manually or wait for the OTA, I'm going to get it either way so your comment on uninstalling it is irrelevant...
    This is from your initial post...

    Quote Originally Posted by bart151 View Post
    ...
    I wish we could NOT install these updates because it seems with every update, my devices slow down when their supposed to be quicker. Im really really dissapointed and I mean REALLY dissapointed. Have I said really? Really
    ...
    WTF are you talking about??? You say you wish you could not install it. Then you say you would in your second post. NOTHING IS MAKING YOU INSTALL IT.

    You don't have to accept the OTA or manually go and update if you wish you could not install it. You are making no sense and contradicting yourself. Why would you manually update if you hate all the updates??? What a fool.
  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noven View Post
    This is from your initial post...



    WTF are you talking about??? You say you wish you could not install it. Then you say you would in your second post. NOTHING IS MAKING YOU INSTALL IT.

    You don't have to accept the OTA or manually go and update if you wish you could not install it. You are making no sense and contradicting yourself. Why would you manually update if you hate all the updates??? What a fool.
    No offense, but responding to someone saying an update breaks their phone by saying "Well then don't install it!" is bull**** and full of fanboyism. Updates shouldn't break phone functionality, and if it did then he does have a right to complain.
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!
  20. #20  

    Default

    I was having the same browser issues after i went the RUU route. I also download the flash 10.1 apk a while back and I also didn't uninstall it before the update. Did a bunch of reading various forums and then did a install of:
    Adobe_Flash_Player_10.1_v10.1.72.7.apk Seems to have fixed the issue. I wish i had the exact site for you but i dont; try google and the file name.
    My HTC Incredible:
    [ROM] Deodexed HTC Sense/Froyo v3.21.605.1 release
    [Recovery] ClockWorkMod 2.5.0.5
    [Radio] 2.15.00.07.28
    [Status] S-off w/ Unrevoked forever
  21. #21  
    davidnc's Avatar

    Posts
    6,440 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

    Default Re: OTA update now browser doesn't work.

    I'm happy with my froyo too ,All good here

    sent from Tapatalk
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noven View Post
    This is from your initial post...



    WTF are you talking about??? You say you wish you could not install it. Then you say you would in your second post. NOTHING IS MAKING YOU INSTALL IT.

    You don't have to accept the OTA or manually go and update if you wish you could not install it. You are making no sense and contradicting yourself. Why would you manually update if you hate all the updates??? What a fool.
    Man you sure have some anger issues.

    after paying 500 bucks for the device, I believe its within my right to be able to complain about an update that's screwing my device up. You seriously need some help bud. wow.... just wow....
  23. #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slinky317 View Post
    No offense, but responding to someone saying an update breaks their phone by saying "Well then don't install it!" is bull**** and full of fanboyism. Updates shouldn't break phone functionality, and if it did then he does have a right to complain.
    Do you not get the point that he was wishing he didn't have to install the updates? That is what the response to. If you had read both posts that would be very evident.
  24. #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bart151 View Post
    Man you sure have some anger issues.

    after paying 500 bucks for the device, I believe its within my right to be able to complain about an update that's screwing my device up. You seriously need some help bud. wow.... just wow....
    Nothing was ever said about you not having the right to complain? Don't make up another point once your original one has been shot down.

    We were talking about whether or not you install the updates, remember??? Not whether or not you have the right to complain...speaking of needing help...
  25. #25  

    Default

    Noven seriously man you have some issues...

    How can I be shot down when all I said was I wish these updates didnt jack up my phone. You seriously just looking to pick a fight. Chill the **** out man wow..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions