Pressing Menu Button to Unlock stops working with Froyo?

winnerofthegame

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
hey guys,

I just got my Froyo update today :)D) and everything seems to be fine except you can no longer use the menu button to unlock the phone...you have to slide the bar thing down on the screen. The menu button works once you have unlocked it...has this happened with anyone else?

justinandroid

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
yes, same thing here...I didn't use the menu button before to unlock although I knew of the functionality and used it a couple times. Does not unlock now after update. Oh well...no huge loss for me.

HeathWala

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, same here. I Googled to see if anyone was having the same issue, and I found a lot of complaints that it was previously too easy to unlock via that method with the phone in your pocket and things like that, so I'm assuming that's the reason it was changed. I'd personally like the option, but I'm not holding my breath for an update to that.

winnerofthegame

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
yeah that's what I was thinking, I can see it being removed, but in the past few months I have grown to like the feature for quickly unlocking the phone and now I miss it :(

higgenbottom

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem, too bad if they changed it I happened to like using the menu button to unlock. Maybe they'll switch it back so you can make it a setting option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781