Did anyone have CWM Recovery when Offered the OTA?

jdmba

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Greets - No answer to this, but a clean thread with a clean answer would be useful. From those who got notice of the OTA ... did you have ClockWorkMod recovery installed, or had you already changed to stock.

This answer is important for those of us without the OTA who are waiting ... if CWM is going to block even delivery/notice, then we should all go to stock ASAP.

Thanks for any accurate answers !!!

Last edited:

Jolokia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Greets - No answer to this, but a clean thread with a clean answer would be useful. From those who got the OTA ... did you have ClockWorkMod recovery installed, or had you already changed to stock.

This answer is important for those of us without the OTA who are waiting ... if CWM is going to block even delivery/notice, then we should all go to stock ASAP.

Thanks for any accurate answers !!!
I had heard people that had CWM installed had the OTA fail. I reverted back to stock, and the update went flawlessly!

jdmba

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Not what I asked.

Thanks ... didn't ask if CWM allowed for install; it does not.

I am hoping SOMEONE who knows will advise if they had CWM installed when they were OFFERED the OTA; that's all. Otherwise, those of us with CWM could wait until eternity.

Any responses from people who know are greatly appreciated.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
CWM = root, correct? I rooted with Unrevoked and I was wondering the same thing. I was told I would still receive the update OTA but nothing here. Anyone that was rooted receive the OTA yet??

ThinkDinc

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the OTA notification with CWM. Tried to install OTA and it ran and then stopped at the Triangle with Exclamation mark. I pushed the power button and it went into CWM and I reboot. Still at stock and no OTA notification.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site

ThinkDinc

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm....the instructions there specifically contradict the baseband info from this thread.

OFFICIAL: update.zip is finally here! :D - xda-developers

My baseband reads 1.00.03.04.06

While your thread says to be on 2.15

Can anyone confirm this for me?

I did revert back to 2.1 with the PB31IMG file and confirmed the MD5 and I thought I had unrooted with S-OFF.

Just trying to get the correct info before proceeding.

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm....the instructions there specifically contradict the baseband info from this thread.

OFFICIAL: update.zip is finally here! :D - xda-developers

My baseband reads 1.00.03.04.06

While your thread says to be on 2.15

Can anyone confirm this for me?

I did revert back to 2.1 with the PB31IMG file and confirmed the MD5 and I thought I had unrooted with S-OFF.

Just trying to get the correct info before proceeding.

2.15 is the new radio in froyo, however this method requires that you load the radio update manually before loading froyo on a rooted device. This method is if you want to keep root and have the new froyo on your device, because at this time unrevoked 3 will not work on froyo from OTA.

I was rooted with 2.05 radio (manually updated) running leaked froyo from june/july. I then loaded unrevoked forever for S-off, manually installed the new radio (2.15), then put the froyo downloaded from the thread in the sd card and used CWM to install the new froyo from sd card.

It was all pretty painless and easy. Just make sure to do a nandroid backup before you start.

ThinkDinc

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info GooT.

Just to clarify...you got to froyo from unrevoked forever and 2.15 radio without going back to 2.1 by running the PB31IMG?

EDIT: It seems you are running the RUU if you installed the file from the thread back on the 26th. Are you running into any of the issues posted by others?

Sorry, I'm a bit confused because the other thread says that you need baseband 1.00.03.04.06 to run update.zip or there will be problems.

Here's what steps I've done so far and I started with stock 2.1. I think everything is the same as your direcitons linked except for the PB31IMG in your link says it comes with the 2.15 radio.

1. Unrevoked 3
2. Nandroid backup
3. Unrevoked Forever
4. Back to 2.1 with PB31IMG confirmed Md5
5. Firmware version: 2.1-update1, Baseband version: 1.00.03.04.06, Software number: 1.22.605.2
6. I received OTA notification and chose install
7. Green android icon with loading bar went for about 1 min
8. Stuck on green android icon with triangle and exclamation mark
9. I hit power button and it went into Clockwork mod
10. I chose to reboot the phone
11. Still running 2.1

Last edited:

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely no expert on this, but I think step 4 undid the first 3 steps you did and was unnecessary. BUT from what I understand step 4 would have taken you back to stock 2.1 and should have let you perform the update... have you tried installing the update.zip manually in recovery mode? My suggestion would be either perform the steps again without step 4 OR perform step 4 only and try to install the update manually.

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info GooT.

Just to clarify...you got to froyo from unrevoked forever and 2.15 radio without going back to 2.1 by running the PB31IMG?

EDIT: It seems you are running the RUU if you installed the file from the thread back on the 26th. Are you running into any of the issues posted by others?

Correct! No issues on my end.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused because the other thread says that you need baseband 1.00.03.04.06 to run update.zip or there will be problems.

Here's what steps I've done so far and I started with stock 2.1. I think everything is the same as your direcitons linked except for the PB31IMG in your link says it comes with the 2.15 radio.

1. Unrevoked 3
2. Nandroid backup
3. Unrevoked Forever
4. Back to 2.1 with PB31IMG confirmed Md5
5. Firmware version: 2.1-update1, Baseband version: 1.00.03.04.06, Software number: 1.22.605.2
6. I received OTA notification and chose install
7. Green android icon with loading bar went for about 1 min
8. Stuck on green android icon with triangle and exclamation mark
9. I hit power button and it went into Clockwork mod
10. I chose to reboot the phone
11. Still running 2.1

I was rooted with Enrevoked3 running the leaked froyo with 2.05 radio that I manually installed prior to loading the leaked froyo. All I needed to do was install Unrevoked Forever to achieve S-off, then manually install the new radio, 2.15 (PB31IMG.zip), the installed the new froyo RUU from sd card in CWM.

So if you are still on 2.1 and are rooted with Unrevoked3 and have achieved S-off with Unrevoked Forever go to step 10 in Qazme's Instructions in the thread I gave you and you should be good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12