Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking Good-bye incredible

Having gone thru 5 incredibles since release day, i say good-bye.

I am still having reception/call quality issues and a few new problems that pop'd up after the 2.2 update, and i can take no more.

Big Red is being nice enough and sending me a DROID X!

HOT DAMN, maybe ill have a phone that works now???

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

See ya........

In the Droid X forum!
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible

Circle Me on Google+

Twitter: @CRKhead
    PSN: CRKhead

I don't care what phone you are using. Maybe you just have crappy coverage in your area. I have no problem with my Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1974w View Post
    Having gone thru 5 incredibles since release day, i say good-bye.

I am still having reception/call quality issues and a few new problems that pop'd up after the 2.2 update, and i can take no more.

Big Red is being nice enough and sending me a DROID X!

HOT DAMN, maybe ill have a phone that works now???
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

i live in florida where its flat
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboykayaks View Post
    I don't care what phone you are using. Maybe you just have crappy coverage in your area. I have no problem with my Incredible.

I have had no real problems with mine. I drive for a living and get good reception almost all over. Enjoy your X I'll keep my dinc.

5 incredibles? You either have the worst luck or youre the biggest PIA customer Verizon has. Either way, good luck with your X.

Peace

How long before you go through 5 X's?

Wondering how he/she is doing with the Droid X now.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Go check the Droid X forums then? I'm sure he is posting over there.....I'm still at a loss when people announce they are leaving a certain platform or phone? Who cares?! Are we suppose to beg you to stay or maybe start a flame feast over which phone is better? Or are we supposed to follow? 'It ain't me babe, it ain't me your looking fooorrrrrr......'

Quote Originally Posted by garment69 View Post
    5 incredibles? You either have the worst luck or youre the biggest PIA customer Verizon has. Either way, good luck with your X.
    I agree. Good luck lol.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

no offense, but you'll probably have the same issues with your X because your service suckssssssss :|
    or maybe you're the most unlucky person i've read on these forums..hah
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I swear Qazme I never touched his devices!!!!

BTW I am having no issues...bet you it's his battery

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

X is no better brother. Good luck.

5 incredibles? user error. have fun

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock... For now

Wow. My incredible drank a pitcher of lager and still works like a frickin champ. Trade for an x... I don't think so... Not as smooth as my dinc. Good luck. Maybe he needs an iphone...

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post

This made me LOL
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post

Tony and his tainted fingers better NEVER get near my phone! lol....
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qazme View Post
    Go check the Droid X forums then? I'm sure he is posting over there.....I'm still at a loss when people announce they are leaving a certain platform or phone? Who cares?! Are we suppose to beg you to stay or maybe start a flame feast over which phone is better? Or are we supposed to follow? 'It ain't me babe, it ain't me your looking fooorrrrrr......'

I agree. Good luck lol.
    I agree...
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

hey I am rocking some sweet DINC goodness lately....
    Not one reboot....maybe because I refuse to put Listen on 2.2? but device is solid now!

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I actually detoured through South Jersey to get to my parents just to avoid being near NE PA and possibly endanger the DInc.

PS: Tony I followed your directions to a T installing a Zagg on my wife's phone and it came out great. Thanks!
    Last edited by PvilleComp; 09-06-2010 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Directional issues
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

I see the OP also had 8 Storms.... I had the Storm before the DInc and had to swap twice. The first time was questionable and I wish I had not done it as the second Storm was junk from get go and had to be replaced next day, but I still have that third Storm and it works fine...for a Storm. LOL. I think some people are just pia about phones. I just can't see 8 Storms or 5 Incredibles....

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock I don't root

Later Jeff. Hope the DX works better for you.
    Send from my fingers, using a pencil and a piece of paper that someone faxed to someone who scanned it and then typed it on this forum using a TRS-80 Model 3.

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    I see the OP also had 8 Storms.... I had the Storm before the DInc and had to swap twice. The first time was questionable and I wish I had not done it as the second Storm was junk from get go and had to be replaced next day, but I still have that third Storm and it works fine...for a Storm. LOL. I think some people are just pia about phones. I just can't see 8 Storms or 5 Incredibles....
    yes, that is pretty much what i experianced after a year with the storm i went to the orginal droid a few hiccups later i was offered a droid x replacement i opted for an incredible and have been very pleased ....so to the op i say good luck with the x hope it is what will work for you if not there's always the d2 and as of wed the fasinate /evo so ...........
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Im not a PIA customer.
    My 1st smartphone was the origional Motorola Q in black, and i had no problems with it.
    The BB Storm1, well i need not say anything about that!
    My iPhone 3gs, never a problem, just a crappy ATT network.
    My 5 Dincs, a combo of software/hardware issues. The 3rd one lasted a week, and the 4th only one day.

Yesterday was my last day with the Dinc, and it let me down. Headed over to the GF house around midnight, phone was fully charged. Put it on the night stand (not plugged in) with the alarm set for 6 am. The alarm goes off, then the battery is dead. 6 hours of not even using the phone and its dead, WTF?? this Dinc is about 2 weeks out of the box with the 2.2.
    I really like the Dinc, even as much as my iPhone.

I believe i read a post on here how phone tech. has out paced battery tech, well i agree.
    I'll still have Dinc's in the family though, my dad and GF have them.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Jeff,
    Same boat as you.
    Had a q9m no issues whatsoever.
    went through 6 bb curves, (4 were defective from verizon's refurb)
    on fourth replacement Dinc and turns out it was the battery.

It happens.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast