09-08-2010 11:54 AM
42 12
tools
    Having gone thru 5 incredibles since release day, i say good-bye.

I am still having reception/call quality issues and a few new problems that pop'd up after the 2.2 update, and i can take no more.

Big Red is being nice enough and sending me a DROID X!

HOT DAMN, maybe ill have a phone that works now???
    08-31-2010 05:38 PM
    See ya........

In the Droid X forum!
    08-31-2010 05:40 PM
    I don't care what phone you are using. Maybe you just have crappy coverage in your area. I have no problem with my Incredible.

Having gone thru 5 incredibles since release day, i say good-bye.

I am still having reception/call quality issues and a few new problems that pop'd up after the 2.2 update, and i can take no more.

Big Red is being nice enough and sending me a DROID X!

HOT DAMN, maybe ill have a phone that works now???
    08-31-2010 05:51 PM
    i live in florida where its flat
    I don't care what phone you are using. Maybe you just have crappy coverage in your area. I have no problem with my Incredible.
    08-31-2010 05:53 PM
    I have had no real problems with mine. I drive for a living and get good reception almost all over. Enjoy your X I'll keep my dinc.
    08-31-2010 05:59 PM
    5 incredibles? You either have the worst luck or youre the biggest PIA customer Verizon has. Either way, good luck with your X.
    08-31-2010 06:51 PM
    Peace
    08-31-2010 07:01 PM
    How long before you go through 5 X's?
    09-05-2010 04:05 PM
    Wondering how he/she is doing with the Droid X now.
    09-06-2010 12:50 PM
    Go check the Droid X forums then? I'm sure he is posting over there.....I'm still at a loss when people announce they are leaving a certain platform or phone? Who cares?! Are we suppose to beg you to stay or maybe start a flame feast over which phone is better? Or are we supposed to follow? 'It ain't me babe, it ain't me your looking fooorrrrrr......'

5 incredibles? You either have the worst luck or youre the biggest PIA customer Verizon has. Either way, good luck with your X.
    I agree. Good luck lol.
    09-06-2010 01:25 PM
    no offense, but you'll probably have the same issues with your X because your service suckssssssss :|
    or maybe you're the most unlucky person i've read on these forums..hah
    09-06-2010 01:43 PM
    I swear Qazme I never touched his devices!!!!

BTW I am having no issues...bet you it's his battery
    09-06-2010 05:09 PM
    X is no better brother. Good luck.
    09-06-2010 05:52 PM
    5 incredibles? user error. have fun
    09-06-2010 06:04 PM
    Wow. My incredible drank a pitcher of lager and still works like a frickin champ. Trade for an x... I don't think so... Not as smooth as my dinc. Good luck. Maybe he needs an iphone...
    09-06-2010 08:04 PM

This made me LOL
    09-06-2010 08:06 PM

Tony and his tainted fingers better NEVER get near my phone! lol....
    09-06-2010 08:46 PM
    Go check the Droid X forums then? I'm sure he is posting over there.....I'm still at a loss when people announce they are leaving a certain platform or phone? Who cares?! Are we suppose to beg you to stay or maybe start a flame feast over which phone is better? Or are we supposed to follow? 'It ain't me babe, it ain't me your looking fooorrrrrr......'

I agree. Good luck lol.
    I agree...
    09-06-2010 08:53 PM
    hey I am rocking some sweet DINC goodness lately....
    Not one reboot....maybe because I refuse to put Listen on 2.2? but device is solid now!
    09-06-2010 09:08 PM
    I actually detoured through South Jersey to get to my parents just to avoid being near NE PA and possibly endanger the DInc.

PS: Tony I followed your directions to a T installing a Zagg on my wife's phone and it came out great. Thanks!
    09-06-2010 09:45 PM
    I see the OP also had 8 Storms.... I had the Storm before the DInc and had to swap twice. The first time was questionable and I wish I had not done it as the second Storm was junk from get go and had to be replaced next day, but I still have that third Storm and it works fine...for a Storm. LOL. I think some people are just pia about phones. I just can't see 8 Storms or 5 Incredibles....
    09-07-2010 04:12 AM
    Later Jeff. Hope the DX works better for you.
    09-07-2010 08:28 AM
    I see the OP also had 8 Storms.... I had the Storm before the DInc and had to swap twice. The first time was questionable and I wish I had not done it as the second Storm was junk from get go and had to be replaced next day, but I still have that third Storm and it works fine...for a Storm. LOL. I think some people are just pia about phones. I just can't see 8 Storms or 5 Incredibles....
    yes, that is pretty much what i experianced after a year with the storm i went to the orginal droid a few hiccups later i was offered a droid x replacement i opted for an incredible and have been very pleased ....so to the op i say good luck with the x hope it is what will work for you if not there's always the d2 and as of wed the fasinate /evo so ...........
    09-07-2010 09:09 AM
    Im not a PIA customer.
    My 1st smartphone was the origional Motorola Q in black, and i had no problems with it.
    The BB Storm1, well i need not say anything about that!
    My iPhone 3gs, never a problem, just a crappy ATT network.
    My 5 Dincs, a combo of software/hardware issues. The 3rd one lasted a week, and the 4th only one day.

Yesterday was my last day with the Dinc, and it let me down. Headed over to the GF house around midnight, phone was fully charged. Put it on the night stand (not plugged in) with the alarm set for 6 am. The alarm goes off, then the battery is dead. 6 hours of not even using the phone and its dead, WTF?? this Dinc is about 2 weeks out of the box with the 2.2.
    I really like the Dinc, even as much as my iPhone.

I believe i read a post on here how phone tech. has out paced battery tech, well i agree.
    I'll still have Dinc's in the family though, my dad and GF have them.
    09-07-2010 09:23 AM
    Jeff,
    Same boat as you.
    Had a q9m no issues whatsoever.
    went through 6 bb curves, (4 were defective from verizon's refurb)
    on fourth replacement Dinc and turns out it was the battery.

It happens.
    09-07-2010 09:30 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD