Can I keep the Flashlight App but go back to 2.1

Biezestreet

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I really can't stand this update. It's so annoying to get on the internet now, and apps sometimes are slower/laggy. The only thing thats of any use to me is the flashlight app. Is there any way to keep that, but go back to 2.1?

Biezestreet

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
iphone fanboy spreading dinc FUD. Nothing to see here, move along people.

OMG wow shutup you tool. Jesus I love my Incredible, today I did everything right and upgraded to Froyo. Now alot of things are lagging I internet browsing is a pain. I don't know if I didn't do something right or what but this is a serious question. You mean to tell me you haven't had the same problems???

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
OMG wow shutup you tool. Jesus I love my Incredible, today I did everything right and upgraded to Froyo. Now alot of things are lagging I internet browsing is a pain. I don't know if I didn't do something right or what but this is a serious question. You mean to tell me you haven't had the same problems???

You are the only person I've heard have these issues.

Biezestreet

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
You are the only person I've heard have these issues.

Really?? There's at least 4 people I've seen posting about the same exact problems. Go look at the OTA Froyo thread. Lagging, especially with the browser bigtime, and mail app. Even sometimes when I go through home screens really fast it lags. Sure, most things work just fine, but there's these times when things get really laggy. I mean there's no way this can be right, It's so annoying.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
And that will happen when you run 2.2 apps with 2.1 data. Wiping data is your friend, and that's what you need to do now.

As for your original question, the attached flashlight apk will work with 2.1 on the Evo, so it's worth a try

Biezestreet

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
And that will happen when you run 2.2 apps with 2.1 data. Wiping data is your friend, and that's what you need to do now.

As for your original question, the attached flashlight apk will work with 2.1 on the Evo, so it's worth a try

Thanks for the link, but how do I clear the data? Do a factory reset?

DBRIZZEL

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Wiping my phone and starting over after my update is so far the best advice i have got-my phone was so laggy before this-not to mention i think it has improved my battery also.