1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I keep the Flashlight App but go back to 2.1

Ok, I really can't stand this update. It's so annoying to get on the internet now, and apps sometimes are slower/laggy. The only thing thats of any use to me is the flashlight app. Is there any way to keep that, but go back to 2.1?

iphone fanboy spreading dinc FUD. Nothing to see here, move along people.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by KayIslandDrunk View Post
    iphone fanboy spreading dinc FUD. Nothing to see here, move along people.
    OMG wow shutup you tool. Jesus I love my Incredible, today I did everything right and upgraded to Froyo. Now alot of things are lagging I internet browsing is a pain. I don't know if I didn't do something right or what but this is a serious question. You mean to tell me you haven't had the same problems???

I haven't..

Updated today...

Everything works snappy and fast... faster than 2.1

Lego!
    HTC ONE (M8)!

ChromeCast
    Nexus 7 (2012)

BB 6510>7510>8830>8330 Curve>9530 Storm> HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND!> HTC One (M8)

Quote Originally Posted by Biezestreet View Post
    OMG wow shutup you tool. Jesus I love my Incredible, today I did everything right and upgraded to Froyo. Now alot of things are lagging I internet browsing is a pain. I don't know if I didn't do something right or what but this is a serious question. You mean to tell me you haven't had the same problems???
    You are the only person I've heard have these issues.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by KayIslandDrunk View Post
    You are the only person I've heard have these issues.
    Really?? There's at least 4 people I've seen posting about the same exact problems. Go look at the OTA Froyo thread. Lagging, especially with the browser bigtime, and mail app. Even sometimes when I go through home screens really fast it lags. Sure, most things work just fine, but there's these times when things get really laggy. I mean there's no way this can be right, It's so annoying.

And that will happen when you run 2.2 apps with 2.1 data. Wiping data is your friend, and that's what you need to do now.

As for your original question, the attached flashlight apk will work with 2.1 on the Evo, so it's worth a try
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post
    And that will happen when you run 2.2 apps with 2.1 data. Wiping data is your friend, and that's what you need to do now.

As for your original question, the attached flashlight apk will work with 2.1 on the Evo, so it's worth a try
    Thanks for the link, but how do I clear the data? Do a factory reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Biezestreet View Post
    Thanks for the link, but how do I clear the data? Do a factory reset?
    Yup. I know it sucks, but you're going to end up doing it anyway I promise.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Menu --> Settings --> SD & Phone Storage --> Scroll to the bottom "Factory data rest"
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post

Wiping my phone and starting over after my update is so far the best advice i have got-my phone was so laggy before this-not to mention i think it has improved my battery also.