Google Contacts Not Syncing

Noven

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have searched and read the related threads but no answer exists and people are still having problems with it. The Verizon backup sync works for contacts and Google calender but I just get that red exlamation point saying "Sync, not working. Will be up shortly. This has been a problem for a long time and there is still no fix.
Does anyone know how to fix this? I've read people have had a factory reset but still have problems.

mIQ Live#AC

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest looking into a backup application from the Android Market. There are plenty of good free ones out there that sync with google. That way you get everything you need to your phone, and you can edit your data from anywhere and it is always backed up... Heard a lot of issues recently syncing with google, this is a possible solution.

Noven

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest looking into a backup application from the Android Market. There are plenty of good free ones out there that sync with google. That way you get everything you need to your phone, and you can edit your data from anywhere and it is always backed up... Heard a lot of issues recently syncing with google, this is a possible solution.

Thanks, but that's a band-aid, not a solution.

jrkrace

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I went through the same thing. Basically, I cleared all the contacts from the phone. Then went to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Contact Storage>Clear Data. Then resynch the contacts by going to Accounts &Sync>Google>Sync Contacts.

This should do it....

I would also back up your contacts from GMail when you get a chance for safekeeping.

terpdog

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
As an FYI, I had to do the same thing. Put now I can't seem to get my contact Groups, ie. before I only normally showed "Family","Friends","Co-Workers" in my list but those options don't appear anymore.

Anyone know how to make them appear again? Probably something I'm not clicking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol