ATK won't kill Pandora

physics911

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
After the froyo update, advanced task killer won't kill pandora.
Anyone have a fix for this?
I have already uninstalled and reinstalled both.

Thank you,
Chris

draken

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
The APIs that task killers use have been removed from Froyo, renderning ATK useless. Uninstall it and let the OS handle processes and memory as it was designed.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
There is a Froyo version of ATK that gives you the further option of killing processes that ATK can't stop. It works great.

physics911

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the update.
I have no problem letting the OS handle the system, it is just a bit cumbersome to kill the audio in Pandora now. I use Pandora nearly constantly when I am driving, and I am on the road quite a bit. It was nice, and arguably safer while driving, to be able to just hit ATK and kill the audio vs. having to go into the menu.

Anev

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
There is a Froyo version of ATK that gives you the further option of killing processes that ATK can't stop. It works great.

Are you referring to "Advanced Task Killer Froyo" by ReChild? I'm going to give it a try as I just want a tool to kill things when they get a bit out of hand.

Thumperbox

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The APIs that task killers use have been removed from Froyo, renderning ATK useless. Uninstall it and let the OS handle processes and memory as it was designed.

i would love to do this. Im just not sure if it is the best for the battery.
Any body done any tests for the day, ATK vs. No ATK ?

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
i would love to do this. Im just not sure if it is the best for the battery.
Any body done any tests for the day, ATK vs. No ATK ?

I have been using ATK For FROYO for a cpl of days now and have noticed a considerable difference in battery consumption.

Thumperbox

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have been using ATK For FROYO for a cpl of days now and have noticed a considerable difference in battery consumption.

yea, i dont have the gutts or faith to Uninstall it... I will keep using it i suppose until someone shows me that it really is not needed.

I just dont understand why Google cant develope the software to work the way it should without needing something like ATK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton